Moose vs Weidman needs to be 5 rounds

deluxeh0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
3 rounds is too little for these high caliber fighters. I got moose by decision.

Nah im good with it being 3 rounds. Weidman's cardio is shit

Maybe if its a close fight. But I feel Weidman will dominate with wrestling and 3 rounds will be enough to show he's the superior fighter.

Nah im good with it being 3 rounds. Weidman's cardio is shit
{<huh}

His cardio has never looked terrible and he beat Machida in a decision. He did look kinda gassed against Maia iirc but thats cause he cut like 30lbs in 3 days or some dumb shit like that to take the fight.

I think the longer it goes it favors Mousasi. But doesn't matter 3 or 5 , I'm really looking forward to this fight.

{<huh}

His cardio has never looked terrible and he beat Machida in a decision. He did look kinda gassed against Maia iirc but thats cause he cut like 30lbs in 3 days or some dumb shit like that to take the fight.

I agree with 13 seconds. Weidmans cardio is at least suspect

Gassed against Rockhold and looked gassed in Silva 1, after the first round

I would prefer it to be 5 rounds. I got Mousasi by decision.

5 rounds just mean they will cruise and go slow for the first few rounds. 3 rounds means they can go more all out. Let them bang

I agree with 13 seconds. Weidmans cardio is at least suspect

Gassed against Rockhold and looked gassed in Silva 1, after the first round

Yea that was the first time against they cut weight without the IV though and Rockhold gasses the same aswell. How can it be suspect when he's never shown poor cardio before?

I'm excited for this fight.

Doesn't matter if it's 3 or 5.

Weidman has something to prove...

Mousasi is on a streak of his own...

It's gonna be interesting to say the least.

3 rounds is too little for these high caliber fighters. I got moose by decision.
yes, this being a 3 rounder really sucks balls.

EDIT: just read the rest of the posts. the differences in opinions on this topic are interesting.

Yea that was the first time against they cut weight without the IV though and Rockhold gasses the same aswell. How can it be suspect when he's never shown poor cardio before?
He did gas in the championship rounds against Machida. He won that fight, but he was super tired and had to pace himself.

I hope this fight doesn't happen TBH... 2 of my 3 favorite middleweights fighting is not good for me! If weidman loses there will be threads on how overrated he was etc etc and if moose loses it will be awhile before we ever see him get his shot at the title.

I think weidman takes this in 3 rounds but I would slightly favor moose in a 5 rounder. It seems weidman's takedowns get slower and sloppier in the later rounds

Most of his fights dont go the distance. He slowed down against Machida and had to pace himself in the middle rounds so he would have energy in the 5th

And what does Rockhold gassing too have to do with Weidmans cardio?

You say hes never shown poor cardio but just admitted that he has shown poor cardio (Rockhold, Maia) , but made excuses for him

He gassed against Maia, Rockhold, and Silva 1

My question is, when has he showed us good cardio? ( other than Machida, which both sides could be argued)

Most of his fights dont go the distance. He slowed down against Machida and had to pace himself in the middle rounds so he would have energy in the 5th

And what does Rockhold gassing too have to do with Weidmans cardio?

You say hes never shown poor cardio but just admitted that he has shown poor cardio (Rockhold, Maia) , but made excuses for him

He gassed against Maia, Rockhold, and Silva 1

My question is, when has he showed us good cardio? ( other than Machida, which both sides could be argued)

Every other fight that he won, he came on hard.

The exuses I made for Maia is very legit and he still won the third round. Rockhold and Weidman both looked terrible in the first two rounds and they were both the same until Weidman threw that terrible spinning wheel kick. It waas over then.

Back