Am I the only one who thought Thompson beat Woodley?

JonesBonesJonny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was outstriking him, all Woodley had was one big punch and a gullitone that he escaped

I thought it was either a draw or thompson won.

If that one wround wasn't a 10-8, thompson would've won rather clearly imo.

I doubt you're the only one, but I hope you are because he absolutely did not.

I thought it was a draw and im happy they got it right.

I believe Thompson will win the rematch tho

I thought it was either a draw or thompson won.

Woodley 47-46 or 47-47, there's now way Thompson won, if you don't give Woodley a 10-8 round for what he did in the first or the fourth it's only because you hate him

I don't claim to understand how they're supposed to score things ... BUT

Round 2 is the up in the air round to me. I can see how that could have been scored for either guy.

You can argue Woodley was winning the exchanges towards the end of Round 3, but Wonderboy was coming forward more for the majority of the round.

Round 5 was decisively Wonderboy's.

The judge that gave Woodley 10 - 8 for the 1st but not the 4th is a racist btw.

i did too at first because i was scoring only 10-9 rounds. after the decision and watching again i give that 10-8 to Woodley so draw. judges got it right

I had it 48-47 Wonderboy. And hope the Sherdog Q-A magic helps him to a win March 4th !!!

j8i32v.gif

I know Woodley did far more damage. I was beyond impressed by Thompson's chin and heart.

Thompson's biggest accomplishment of the fight was surviving the knockdown, GnP, and guillotine. Why the fuck do you think he was smiling his ass off when the draw was announced? He knew he got lucky as hell.

3A52DFAF00000578-3931102-image-a-84_1479015689679.jpg

He was outstriking him, all Woodley had was one big punch and a gullitone that he escaped
Did you score that round a 10-8 for Woodley? I think it was the 3rd or 4th? Where he almost ripped WB's head off? If so, you have to score it a draw because even WB thinks he lost the 1st round.

Just you and all the other people that don't know how to score MMA fights

He won 3 rounds, so this idea that he got schooled or outstruck is a bit of a stretch. Woodley reckons he won round 3 which I thought was bizarre, he has more of a claim to round 2 because at least he held Wonderboy against the fence for a bit, in between Wonderboy throwing more strikes and landing more strikes.

Round 1 consisted of 2 minutes of circling with basically no strikes landed, Woodley didn't even throw a strike, then Woodley lying in half guard for 2 and a half minutes unable to land any shots to the head, followed by 3 or 4 good head strikes in the last 30 seconds. Wasn't even that close to a 10-8, I've heard people say under the new rules it'll be a clear 10-8 which I think is a shame if that is the case. Compare Khabib's ground and pound vs MJ that same night vs Woodley laying in half guard for half the round. The blood made this look far worse than it was.

Round 4 a clear 10-8.

Scored it a draw.

People who are complaining about the scoring in this fight must be complaining about the scoring system MMA uses rather than the judging actually being incorrect. To me this one wasn't even that difficult to score, at least in terms of who won which rounds. The best you can do is give Woodley a win by giving him two rrounds at 10-8 but that would be very generous (under the old rules at least).

He won 3 rounds, so this idea that he got schooled or outstruck is a bit of a stretch. Woodley reckons he won round 3 which I thought was bizarre, he has more of a claim to round 2 because at least he held Wonderboy against the fence for a bit, in between Wonderboy throwing more strikes and landing more strikes.

Round 1 consisted of 2 minutes of circling with basically no strikes landed, Woodley didn't even throw a strike, then Woodley lying in half guard for 2 and a half minutes unable to land any shots to the head, followed by 3 or 4 good head strikes in the last 30 seconds. Wasn't even that close to a 10-8, I've heard people say under the new rules it'll be a clear 10-8 which I think is a shame if that is the case. Compare Khabib's ground and pound vs MJ that same night vs Woodley laying in half guard for half the round. The blood made this look far worse than it was.

Round 4 a clear 10-8.

Scored it a draw.

People who are complaining about the scoring in this fight must be complaining about the scoring system MMA uses rather than the judging actually being incorrect. To me this one wasn't even that difficult to score, at least in terms of who won which rounds. The best you can do is give Woodley a win by giving him two rrounds at 10-8 but that would be very generous (under the old rules at least).

I think almost the same amount of media members gave Woodley the fight as scored it a draw
with rounds 2 or 3 being argued for Woodley because they were very close, even just on pure numbers, and round 1 being argued a 10-8 which you can make that argument on the new criteria easier than you could on the old one

He also had the takedown and ground and pound in the first fight but you are definitley right. Wonderboy was just too hesitant and Woodley was finally able to land a bomb in the fourth. Wonderboy needs open up more this time and commit to his strikes like he was starting to do in the 5th round.

Back