Rogan:UFC screwed up by not making UFC 209 a Diaz brothers spectacular

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

"They had one opportunity ever in the history of the UFC to do it," Rogan said in a recent Fight Companion podcast with UFC fighter Ian McCall. "Like, I planned episode 911 [of the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast] to be Alex Jones. They should have planned episode 209 to be in Stockton with Nick and Nate Diaz. I guarantee to you, that s**t would have gotten two million pay per view buys."

Joe also said GSP v nick should have been made, both not in title contention, both coming off a long layoff and that is a super fight right out the gate lol

2 million buys lol Joe forgets that trying to book a diaz brother is hard work

I do agree with him though that it would of been great to have the event in stockton with both guys but sadly it would never have happened as both think they are big draws who deserve the big fights.

yeah make UFC 209 a diaz circle jerk. We wouldnt want their heads getting too big, huh Joe Manlet?

yeah make UFC 209 a diaz circle jerk. We wouldnt want their heads getting too big, huh Joe Manlet?

HcOg0Rq.gif

I would have bought it. Most casuals wouldn't get it is my guess though.

Joe Rogan must've graduated to crack because in no way is GSP vs Nick Diaz a super fight.

Doesn't make a difference.

I mean you gotta admit, 209 SHOULD have the Diaz brothers in it, but Nate is wealthy enough thanks to Connor that he can pick and choose what he does, and Nick, well, he's probably already talked his big brother worshiping but more talented little brother out of enough that he can pick and choose as well. Of course that's all assumption. It's really hard for me to believe they didn't at least try to make 209 a Diaz card. Maybe they did and the Diaz brothers were just trying to go Money Mayweather on them and demand too much.

We may never know.

Where did this myth that Nick Diaz is a huge draw start? He delivers some solid sound bites during promos but the casual fan isn't going out of their way to see him. I'm still curious to see what kind of PPV's Nate can deliver after the McGregor fights.

dedicate in honor an entire PPV event to the Diaz bros? I like the Diazs but come on Joe, they both are voluntarily retired and always bitter (how can you be that mad all the time and at almost everyone? grow up).

Nick doesn't deserve another shot at GSP, even with GSP coming off a long layoff. GSP was a REIGNING WORLD CHAMPION and an all time great in all of mma, he earned a lay off and big fights.

The Diaz brothers are refusing all fight offers to leverage the promotion in the event that Conor is on extended hiatus.

WME can't force them to fight and can't threaten to cut them, so it is what it is.

Where did this myth that Nick Diaz is a huge draw start? He delivers some solid sound bites during promos but the casual fan isn't going out of their way to see him. I'm still curious to see what kind of PPV's Nate can deliver after the McGregor fights.
Nick has been a big draw since gogo'ing Gomi in 06 you white belt. Nick has been consistently making 100k + per fight since then. If you think Nick isn't a draw you are a straight up hater.

Maybe if one of them would actually accept a fight, they could have been on this card.

Why, because they live in that zip code? Who gives a shit. Stockton is a piece of shit town, the worst in California possibly.

I would have bought it. Most casuals wouldn't get it is my guess though.

Exactly. Only nerds like super hardcores and Helwhiney give a shit about 209 and the Diaz bros.

From what I've read they tried but the Diaz brothers are so hard to get to commit to a fight unless they're making millions.

Back