Why does Mackenzie Dern have an accent?

G0DSPEED

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She was born in Phoenix AZ and graduated from a Glendale high school in AZ.

She doesn't have an accent here in 2010

But in 2016 she has an accent:

She is Brazilian and American because her parents are from Brazil I think at least her dad. But she was born here:

Only her ass has an accent:
690cac0411461296bf1e5713c8d87110.jpg

Mackenzie-Dern.png

Her surname is Dias but I guess in Arizona she didn't want to be viewed Mexican because of the border trump etc.

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing. Accent helps publicicity. She's low-key sellout.

did she train elsewhere? overseas?

Mods are becoming less and less keen on moving threads to the right discussion forums

If the parents are from Brazil, that may be the answer.

Ryron & Rener Gracie were born and raised up in Los Angeles, but you can hear the accent in their speech too.

Growing up being bi-lingual most likely.

Her surname is Dias but I guess in Arizona she didn't want to be viewed Mexican because of the border trump etc.

Yeah..she totally hid her surname because of Trump...
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mods are becoming less and less keen on moving threads to the right discussion forums
Or maybe mods can't be everywhere at once at the same time? :O

disgusting. lol @ people who call jones fake but still accept and explain away this obvious pandering and dishonesty

My son does that too when he's around his friends. I'm mexican he's a hybrid whos only been to mexico once and grew up not speaking Spanish because my wife doesnt. Think its just adopting accent of his friends. Maybe she was around that click.

It's like when some white people talk to black folks and suddenly, they speak in ebonics. Sad, really. People just want to belong, I guess.

So I guess an 18 year old Chinese man can move to AMerica and just speak like Chael Sonnen?

disgusting. lol @ people who call jones fake but still accept and explain away this obvious pandering and dishonesty

Maybe, but it's possible to lose your accent and pick up the speaking habits of the people around you, then go back home and find yourself talking with an accent like all your family.

I've seen it happen to plenty of east coasters who travel home then come back to Toronto, and we get to make fun of them till they lose it.

It's not hard to pick up accents if you consciously work on them

Back