The GOAT UFC Fighter Has To Be...

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Either a heavyweight or a lightweight who has defended the belt 5 or more times. Historically, it has yet to be done, so these two divisions must be the toughest in the UFC.

Which ever HW or LW who can accomplish this, should automatically be considered P4P UFC GOAT.

McGregor needs to stop chasing that Mayweather fight, because defending the 155 belt 5 or more times is the toughest challenge in front of him. That could cement him as the UFC GOAT.

1z4d9g8qu2d.gif

HW is the shallowest division next to female FW.

If you are to discuss P4P ranking, HW shouldn't even be brought into the conversation.

The UFC didn't always have the strongest HW or LW division, though.

They should start introducing 'logic' classes into schools

All I see is excuses for not making Jones the UFC GOAT

jonjonescrybaby_zpsfcd691de.gif

Surely to discuss who was the greatest of all time, we have to wait for time to end?

Could be a long wait.

Avoiding admitting that its Jone's is a waste of time TS

If you are to discuss P4P ranking, HW shouldn't even be brought into the conversation.

I'd actually say the current top 10 at HW is the best it's ever been.

Nothing but killers on that list

I personally believe Jon Jones is the current GOAT. What he did was beyond savage. How the fuck can a 23 year old beat grown men like that? Amazing.

But if somebody can do that in the LW and HW division, it would be more impressive, because there is no history of dominance in these divisions.

Either a heavyweight or a lightweight who has defended the belt 5 or more times. Historically, it has yet to be done, so these two divisions must be the toughest in the UFC.

Which ever HW or LW who can accomplish this, should automatically be considered P4P UFC GOAT.

McGregor needs to stop chasing that Mayweather fight, because defending the 155 belt 5 or more times is the toughest challenge in front of him. That could cement him as the UFC GOAT.
You've created a paradox there:

If a division's strength is determined by the max number of title defenses a champion has had, then the HW or LW division would become progressively weaker each time the champion in question defends.

Instead, how about you just judge fighters by how skillful they are?

I like Arkovski, Henderson and Machida.

Jones was the best 205 offered though.

The "shallowness" is only your opinion.

If you can beat Cain, JDS, Stipe, Overreem, Werdum. You are in contention for GOAT status.

All I see is excuses for not making Jones the UFC GOAT

jonjonescrybaby_zpsfcd691de.gif
Jon Jones is the only legitimate UFC champ, in my opinion. Every other champ is suspect to me.

So, this is not an ignoring Jon Jones thread. I just believe somebody who can duplicate that in the LW & HW divisions who easily replace Jon Jones as GOAT, because those divisions have never been dominated in the UFC.

That is all.

GOAT status changes more than the weather!! lol

Back