UFC Big Press Conferences

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Back in 2014, Zuffa operated UFC started these big press conferences to layout their schedule for the next several months. Has there been any indication that these will continue to take place now that WME/IMG are the new owners? Just curious to know, because I found these big pressers to be very entertaining.

Jones calling DC the biggest Pussy he's ever met was fantastic.

Was the big announcement that never happened?

I hope they come back. Dana White referred to them as seasons. There has to be big enough fights scheduled to warrant them though. I expect there'll be one at some point before International Fight Week.

"The Time Is Now" was first, it had Jones/DC, Silva/Diaz, Rousey/Zingano, and more, and was dominated by a rising Conor McGregor

"Welcome to the Show" followed on immediately after the Time Is Now events finished. It had no Conor, so it was a bit of a dud. Jon Jones was the star of it, but he ended up not even fighting because of the hit and run.

There was no big press conference for the next few events, though McGregor did have his World Tour for UFC 189. And 2 films with Ronda Rousey were released (Furious 7 and Entourage), which made her a legit PPV star at UFC 190. Cain/Werdum, and many other fights, didn't get a press conference.

"Go Big" was next. It was the Conor McGregor show again. The one where he seemed high on coke, and where he called everyone out on the stage. Also had DC/Gus, Rousey/Holm, Weidman/Rockhold.

Then there was another dead space, but there were multiple great Conor McGregor press conferences opposite RDA and Diaz. Lawler/Condit and many other fights didn't get a press conference.

"Unstoppable" happened before the UFC 196 weigh-ins. Obviously it didn't have Conor because he was fighting at that event. However, many fighters seemed to try to imitate Conor. It featured Jones/DC (obviously fight didn't happen), Cruz/Faber, Rockhold/Bisping, and more.

They attempted to do a big "UFC 200" press conference next. Unfortunately, they failed, as they couldn't secure Conor McGregor's services. It featured Nate Diaz who as we know, didn't fight at the event. It featured some other UFC 200 bums too.

Then there was another dead space, and even McGregor did less media in the buildup to Conor/Nate II. There was the infamous bottle/can throwing war though. And they tried to do a Bisping/Hendo conference the week of UFC 202, but no one gave a shit. They also teased a potential "Undeniable" season that never happened. They ended up just doing a big UFC 205 press conference instead. In the meantime, fights like Lawler/Woodley, Miocic/Overeem, and more, never got a press conference.

Next was that "UFC 205" press conference, featuring the Notorious, and a bunch of other bums, including "Who the fuck is that guy?".

We're in another dead space, and this one could be bad. UFC 206 had no press conference. UFC 207 notoriously had a lack of media coverage. And now, Conor's gone, Rousey's gone, Brock's gone, Jones is still suspended, and GSP's return is a while away. I'm personally hyped for a lot of the upcoming fights, but they aren't big draws. The UFC needs to do something big for UFC 213...

I hope they're gone for good. Big waste of everyone's time, and showed what direction UFC was heading in (UFCircus).

Fuck the UFC. Fuck Dana White. Fuck the fraud. And...

58427336.jpg

raw

Back