The Ronda hate

Yourstepdad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...is just as much of a hype as the fanboying was.

Ronda's an outstanding athlete and was a very dominant champ. She helped promote WMMA and MMA in general.

Ronda Rousey lost twice because of not having evolved with the sport, failure to look at herself critically (enforced by shitty coaching + worshipping by the fanboys who now despise her with the same passion), ego problems, etcetera.

There is not much more to it, dramaqueens. Change 3 critical things in her training situation, get her a highly capable mma coach + sport's psychologist and she could be back in a jiffy.

-
I will see myself out.

IMG_0877.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "hype"

If anything the RR dislike is a cry against hype.

Do I think the "hate' is strong?
Yes, but RR & her fans loved showing her beating others in 15 seconds.
Remember all the social media sharing of her flying armbar of Zingano?
That embarrassed Cat, but was considered OK.
A large part of RR's fandom was created by short clips & gifs shared on social media.
It was perfectly fine to her fans, if it was pro-RR & never once did they take into account the other fighter was shown embarrassed, but when it happened in reverse - everyone was now considered mean & the toughest chick in the world cried into a pillow & refused to talk to media.
That made many people that were not fanboys look at her in a less flattering light.

RR's accomplishments will go down in history, but so will her attitude & ego when things did not go her way.

Her theme song - "I don't give a damn about my bad reputation" should have a line added "when I win"

Last edited:
Ronda lost to the first solid fighter she fought who was not emitionally unstable. Both meisha and cat cant follow a game plan and are low iq fighters. I say valentina is another fighter who easily beats her. Pennington would also beat her.

She already did that. She came back and was destroyed. I always liked how Ronda dominated fighters, but unfortunately her striking abilities are behind. My take: Ronda was best in the world, and world caught up and left her behind. It's just how life works. Remember how Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell started to fade? I am sure there is even better examples.

Randa is really well known so there is huge outburst of emotions out of people when she lost. Everybody has opinions for some it's most fun to laugh at failures.

@YellowBaneno

Sooo that happened? We all missed it thanks.

Ua mooth operator by the way. post a single letter first when the topic opens, then you later replace it with some cutw little gifs.

<32>

You cultivate what the public thinks of you. With your actions. It's not unjust. It's a direct response to your behavior. That's why the public likes some people, and hates others. Honda only has herself to blame. Any attempt to justify it is pointless whining.

She already did that. She came back and was destroyed. I always liked how Ronda dominated fighters, but unfortunately her striking abilities are behind. My take: Ronda was best in the world, and world caught up and left her behind. It's just how life works. Remember how Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell started to fade? I am sure there is even better examples.

Nah man, she worked really hard sure. But nothing about her situation changed in between HH and Nunes

She continued training with count Edmund (BIG MISTAKE), and failed to work on her mentality

Nah man, she worked really hard sure. But nothing about her situation changed in between HH and Nunes

She continued training with count Edmund (BIG MISTAKE), and failed to work on her mentality

Nothing about her situation changed, because of her ego.
She thought HH was a fluke win & trained hard to be in fighting shape, but her ego was too big to admit that maybe she was not as amazing as she thought.

You cultivate what the public thinks of you. With your actions. It's not unjust. It's a direct response to your behavior. That's why the public likes some people, and hates others. Honda only has herself to blame. Any attempt to justify it is pointless whining.

Her behavior was def not like a champ's you are right. Her attitude was downright terrible at times.

But whether you think the hate RR as an athlete's getting is "just": doesn't matter. It's unrealistic

If I were a top notch mma coach and i had the insight and means to assemble the best team for an athlete.. And I could choose the athlete to work with... I would take Rousey over many of these basic bitches

It was fun while it lasted. Was great to see Judo in MMA. Was great to see fights end so quickly with subs. But the stronger competition came and the one-sided champ was dethroned. No reason to hype or hate. It's all normal.

I honestly think she made more haters through opening her mouth than anything she did in the octagon, while I think the pile on the Rousey Sherdog mentality is immature, I have no sympathy because she did it to herself. Karma, what goes around comes around, she should be an example to young fighters as how not to act when it comes to having a mic in your face. She has an amazing resume, but was a product of Zuffa and Rogan hype, almost everyone was fooled, that is until the Holm fight where she was systematically dismantled into a 10 sec highlight reel gif and an emotional wreck.

Her behavior was def not like a champ's you are right. Her attitude was downright terrible at times.

But whether you think the hate RR as an athlete's getting is "just": doesn't matter. It's unrealistic

If I were a top notch mma coach and i had the insight and means to assemble the best team for an athlete.. And I could choose the athlete to work with... I would take Rousey over many of these basic bitches

Would you be okay then to only train at night, with curtains down, no public access during all training sessions and signing NDAs so you won't be able to talk about any training session publically, ever?

Because that's what you'll have to do if you bring Ronda on board.

Back