A fight we never got to witness, time to book it now

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dominick Cruz vs. Renan Barao: This fight never came to fruition based on Cruz's unfortunate series of injuries. Cruz just dropped the title to Cody and Barao's rumored opponent (Doo Ho Choi) declined the matchup. The time is perfect for these 2 guys to finally knuckle up.

ufc_169_event_poster.0.jpg

Would be a good fight, but Barao fights at 145 now

Barao cant make 135 and I doubt Cruz wants to move up for a fight against someone who huges amounts of fans have lost interest in since he went on one of the steepest falls in recent MMA history

Would watch, but Cruz is too close to another title to take a one-off fight right now.

I realize that Barao has fought at 145 in his last 2 fights, but if Aldo remains champ at 145, it might force Barao to return to 135 for one last title run. Its not out of the realm of possibility

I realize that Barao has fought at 145 in his last 2 fights, but if Aldo remains champ at 145, it might force Barao to return to 135 for one last title run. Its not out of the realm of possibility
Except for thhe fact renan will never make 135 again as previously suggested. He nearly died last time he tried that cut. I think we'll see cody vs dj soonish tbh

Cruz is too busy studying Cody in an attic, watching tapes over and over again, writing down formulas to make the relevant chances to win the rematch.

It's a real shame we never got to see this fight when Renan was on his tear but he's finished now. TJ took his soul and he'll never be the same. Dom beats him like TJ did but without the finish.

I thought this was gonna be a GSP vs Silva thread...

I want Fedor vs Couture in Rizin.

I'd watch but I doubt Cruz would accept it and Barao making weight let alone being in fighting shape come fight time.

everyone is saying Barao fights @ 145 or won't make weight but why can't it happen @ 145 .
Also would love to see the fight also , although Barao no longer has the same Mojo so i don't think the fight would be as good as it was back in the day .

I don't give a fuck about this nonsense fight.

It was once a great one, and now they are both coming off losses. Yes, you can all claim Barao beat Phillipe Nover - unfortunately, I don't care.

Who even knows what weight this would happen at lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back