GSP - 4 More Months of USADA Testing

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Per the MMA Beat, GSP pulled out of USADA testing when it looked like he wasn't going to make a deal with the UFC. After signing , he has to restart his 4 month testing period.

Make of that what you will. Looks like we won't be seeing George until late this year which looks like we'll get Romero/Bipsing in the meantime.

I feel if Romero wins, there is no way GSP fight at MW and he'll go down to WW. I think he would only test the waters at MW if Bisping is champ.

How do the new USADA changes factor into this? Is GSP considered a fighter returning from retirement?

In the case of a fighter returning from retirement, however, things have gotten tougher. The four-month window has now been extended to six months, with USADA requiring written notice of intent to return. For athletes with an “established and verifiable history” of performance-enhancing drug use, the regulator also may require two clean drug tests during that window

So you're saying he's not fighting until later this year?

Interesting because they said he wasn't fighting until later this year.

Ain't that some shit.. the fact he retired and withdrew from testing under the radar surprises me... is sherdoggersknow everything

Best news I heard all day!

No special waivers for the sake of money

So even when GSP decides to come back we still have to wait longer..

He's so awesome.

Man GSP does himself ZERO favors huh.

Weird fucken guy.

Per the MMA Beat, GSP pulled out of USADA testing when it looked like he wasn't going to make a deal with the UFC. After signing , he has to restart his 4 month testing period.

Make of that what you will. Looks like we won't be seeing George until late this year which looks like we'll get Romero/Bipsing in the meantime.

I feel if Romero wins, there is no way GSP fight at MW and he'll go down to WW. I think he would only test the waters at MW if Bisping is champ.
You are correct. GSP has a good shot at beating Bisping and pursuing a 2 belt champion scenario (MW and WW) like Conor even though GSP would likely give up the MW belt rather than defend the belt vs. Romero, Souza, Rockhold, Weidman, etc. Eventually GSP and Conor go for a big money catch weight fight with no titles on the line at 162. Conor can go back to 155 and GSP back to 170. GSP gets two high profile big money fights outside 170 and still has all his 170 options available assuming he doesn't lose at 170. Even if he loses to Bisping, he was never going to hang out at 185. He is way too small for that division.

He went through the 4 month protocol once. When the UFC tried to lowball him. He told them to stick it. He's still pulling millions from sponsors. There was no movement for a few months.

Who the fuck wants USADA knocking on their door at 6:00AM, if it looks like they won't be fighting ?

I already see a cpl posts trying to spin it differently. I'm shocked. We all know them GSP haters would never lie. Or try to spin shit out of nothing.

Fucking lame.

I thought he was trying to fight at lightweight?

How do the new USADA changes factor into this? Is GSP considered a fighter returning from retirement?

In the case of a fighter returning from retirement, however, things have gotten tougher. The four-month window has now been extended to six months, with USADA requiring written notice of intent to return. For athletes with an “established and verifiable history” of performance-enhancing drug use, the regulator also may require two clean drug tests during that window
Could be wrong but I think this only applies to fighters who retired in the USADA era, not before. That way they can't "retire" to duck testing and then come back. GSP would be a "new fighter" basically, since he never fought under USADA testing

Lol @ thinking USADA or ufc are legit and see this as a problem

Just saw his video claiming the GSP of 2017 would beat the old GSP.

He said it with a HUGE grin.....That tells me even he doesn't believe that bullsh*t!

There are straight up killers in the UFC in 2017.

If he starts in March he can be done with testing in July. Can't he also use those 4 months to train for Bisping and can't they lock in the fight now?

Bisping just needs to get 'injured' and Romero promised next title shot or option of fighting for an Interim belt.

He's going to get wrecked in his comeback fight unless he chooses the safest option possible (which will most likely be the case considering it's Georges Safe Pierre)

GSP comes back at 155 lbs.
13076507_10156886443455650_8285814014727421594_n-jpg.93621

This is a pic from April of 2016 standing next to Olivier Aubin Mercier - UFC LW 155lbs fighter. With the new testing GSP will be an average sized 155er. GSP vs McGregor for big $.

How do u know he pulled out of USADA testing?? Source??

GSP next to Thatch - again, he is 5' 9" and will return as a 155er.
Georges-St-Pierre-and-Brandon-Thatch.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back