UFC should try to set up GSP vs Nate

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Stylistically it would be a less risky fight than somebody like Woodley, Bisping or Anderson who would be really dangerous for a rusty GSP on his first fight back, it would also draw since Nate is a name now and it wouldn't put a belt in limbo like a Conor fight would (unless GSP made 155). Objections?

I'm not sure if Nate would take that fight or not. I gues he'd take it at 155 but he's mentioned before that big money fights at 170+ are for Nick. I'm sure for the right price he'd take it at 170

Nick and Nate are wierd about this, Nate would say its Nicks fight not mine.

OK, there's tune up fights after a long layoff, then there's just gimme fights that are a complete waste of time, and wouldn't actually sharpen himself for the cage rust, and get him ready for the big dogs at WW. It might actually hinder him, since he'd rag doll him into complete submission with almost no resistance. It wouldn't prepare him for a Woodley, or a Wonderboy.

Stylistically it would be a less risky fight than somebody like Woodley, Bisping or Anderson who would be really dangerous for a rusty GSP on his first fight back, it would also draw since Nate is a name now and it wouldn't put a belt in limbo like a Conor fight would (unless GSP made 155). Objections?
Serious post or ?

Why would you say gsp is rusty

I bet he's in better shape now than 90 percent of the roster on fight night.

Plus Nate is a .500 fighter who's never seen a UFC belt

People think nate is amazing cause he beat Conor lmao

Let's be real his name shouldn't ever even be put in the same sentence as gsp's

More reasonable than the Nick rematch but still very meh. GSP handles him similarly to Nick so it's practically the same thing.

See him having less success than Nick did. It'd probably sell, but Nate should stay at LW. Ya know, his actual weight class that he makes comfortably and performs well in. Instead of getting German suplexed into the mat over and over by actual large welterweights.

vfxoc2.gif~c200

Ban worthy.

Go directly to Jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Could be a CW fight at 162lb to prepare for a 155 fight vs Conor.

GSP/Nate
Conor/Khabib

Then GSP fights Conor.

It's not what I'd prefer, but makes sense for money fights.

Why, Nate would just turn it down.

GSP would love that fight, I said it back when Nate beat Conor that GSP or someone from his team will call for this fight and his coach did.

Nick and Nate are wierd about this, Nate would say its Nicks fight not mine.

Yup. We said the same thing at the same time...heh. But I can't see Nate taking it at 170 or higher. He has loyalty to Nick and says that's Nick's fight. But at 155 I could see it happening. However I think that's a really big long shot of GSP wanting to cut to 155.

What a completely pointless and terrible match up.

Cause he hasn't fought or gone through a serious training camp in multiple years?
Ya it doesn't matter

He's a different fighter
He's been in top shape for the last 35 years

Follow him on instagram or see what people he trains with says about him in their interviews.

Everyone literally says he's better than ever

After shields 18 month lay off came back and crushed condit Also after a major knee surgery

This is irrelevant to gsp as it was irrelevant to domenic Cruz

The rust is a bullshit excuse for fighters who took time off and got in horrible shape and need an excuse after a fight.

It's like a unicorn it's just fake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back