Woodley stops himself from race-baiting during media call?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score

cliffs:
Reporter: "Woodley why do you think this rematch is happening?"
Woodley: "I think this rematch is happening because the last fight was a draw."
Reporter: "Any other reason? Is that the only reason?"
Woodley: "I mean I can say what I think the reason why the rematch is happening but you know obviously the fight was scored a draw according to the judges and it was fight of the night in the biggest card of ufc history. Everyone wants to see it again and you know I'm ready to roll."
Reporter: "It sounds like you have other reasons, give me your thoughts on why it's happening. Can you extend on that a little bit?"
Woodley: "You know what not many people are interested in my thoughts. They want me to say what should be said so that's what i'm gonna do. So ima say the ? version of it"

Looks like the social media finally got to him.

"Woodley why do you think this rematch is happening?"

what kinda question is that?

SJWoodley finally bites his tongue.

What he wanted to say was that Wonderboy is getting the rematch because he's white.

Oh my goodness that interviewer is so disgusting for that obvious race baiting. I wish Tyron would've reached through the phone, and smashed his geeky ass up.

Seems like the interviewer was trying to bait Tyron into a race conversation by the tone of his question..

Worst fucking questions ever from that reporter.

Woodley did a good job here imo. He's taking in the public critique. Let's just see how long it lasts.

Many interviewers tend to ask him those kinds of questions for soundbytes. Usually he just says whatever pops in his mind, which isn't always well thought out and gets him in trouble (even if his point is somewhat valid most of the time it comes out wrong). I'd be annoyed by it too, especially considering the backlash. Good for him for just ignoring it and focusing on the fight here.

Reporter clearly wanted Woodley to take the bait. I think Woodley is probably one of the smartest fighters on the roster, good for him on not giving the reporter what he wanted.

I generally don't think Woodley is wrong when it comes to anything race related. I've never seen a fighter get so much heat for acknowledging the fact that they're black.

But now you get a bunch of morons on Sherdog who have to rush in to try and make a race related comment every time a Woodley thread is started. If anything that shit adds a lot more credibility to what Woodley says about racism in the sport.

Whatever. I hope Woodley wins in dominant fashion just so the majority of you keep getting triggered by him.

What a shitty reporter. The guy is finally shutting the fuck up about this bullshit, and you try baiting him into going on about it again.

This is one occasion where Woodley wasn't being the douche in the conversation. The reporter was hoping he'd say something controversial and doing so in a really ham-fisted, amateur way.

Illegitimi non carborundum, Tyron.

636000623148071501114474236_anigif_enhanced-buzz-22338-1362155139-8.gif

Inga, you really gonna need to dumb it down this is Sherdog and I can only pretend smartness for so long...

screw those bastards dont let them bring u down. we love unfiltered tyron

I think the reporter was fishing for something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back