Cody no love says he broke dominick

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
New interview talks about TJ, Tuf, Dom. Says UFC offered dom a rematch and he wanted no parts of it.

He for sure shattered cruz's confidence a little.

You should listen to how Cruz talks about the fight. He doesn't sound broken at all. He sounds like he just wants to work on changing his style now that there's an answer for it.

Oh yeah thats why Dom wants a rematch right now. Cuz he's broken.

I don't think Dom was broken. Garbrandt did seem to fluster him a bit during the fight, but Dom is a mentally strong guy and is likely to come back better.

I did think Dom was a bit off when he was breaking down the fight at the post fight press conference. He didn't seem to be aware of by how much Garbrandt got the better of him.

Cody did "break" Dominic in that fight, but it doesn't mean the Dominic is "broken". I can see him coming back, but what I saw in that fight is that Dominic seemed to have lost a step. I may be wrong, but I think TJ will be a better fight because he still has the speed that Dominic did not have.

If TJ was fighting Dominic now, I would take TJ. I think Dominic has slowed.

You should listen to how Cruz talks about the fight. He doesn't sound broken at all. He sounds like he just wants to work on changing his style now that there's an answer for it.
Whats he gonna do though? Change the style that he made a career on and what got him a belt? You cant change that especially at his age. He is the type of fighter he is for a reason. The fact that hes running around now trying to "change his style" proves he lost confidence because hes flat out admitting he cant beat cody the way he is. I think he wont even beat TJ in a rematch to be honest.

Lol no one breaks Cruz. Cody had great game plan and had an answer for each specific move from Cruz, YouTube has a great breakdown on it. But I believe Cruz was hurt going into that fight and probably wanted to recuperate.

That was my first impression during the fight, Ludwig felt the same way. Hopefully Cruz comes back with that spring back in his step and his patented elusiveness.

I don't think Dom was broken. Garbrandt did seem to fluster him a bit during the fight, but Dom is a mentally strong guy and is likely to come back better.

I did think Dom was a bit off when he was breaking down the fight at the post fight press conference. He didn't seem to be aware of by how much Garbrandt got the better of him.
Agree about the second part. He seemed like he didnt want to admit cody is better.

If Cruz wasn't broken by that string of injuries he had, losing a decision isn't going to do it either.

How can you say you broke a man who easily won the last round of your fight?

Lol no one breaks Cruz. Cody had great game plan and had an answer for each specific move from Cruz, YouTube has a great breakdown on it. But I believe Cruz was hurt going into that fight and probably wanted to recuperate.

That was my first impression during the fight, Ludwig felt the same way. Hopefully Cruz comes back with that spring back in his step and his patented elusiveness.
He had the same elusiveness, problem is he finally faced a good boxer his size that had better footwork. His style only works on shorter guys with bad striking.

Cody did "break" Dominic in that fight, but it doesn't mean the Dominic is "broken". I can see him coming back, but what I saw in that fight is that Dominic seemed to have lost a step. I may be wrong, but I think TJ will be a better fight because he still has the speed that Dominic did not have.

If TJ was fighting Dominic now, I would take TJ. I think Dominic has slowed.

Yeah he was definetly off in the Cody fight, speed wise. I think it was injury based. He's always had issues with his knees and foot. I guess we'll find out next fight

Whats he gonna do though? Change the style that he made a career on and what got him a belt? You cant change that especially at his age. He is the type of fighter he is for a reason. The fact that hes running around now trying to "change his style" proves he lost confidence because hes flat out admitting he cant beat cody the way he is. I think he wont even beat TJ in a rematch to be honest.

Idk man you're making a lot of assumptions that aren't necessarily true

"you can't change that especially at his age"

He's 31 years old man. He's super young.

"The fact that hes running around now trying to "change his style" proves he lost confidence"

No, it proves that he realizes he had serious flaws in his style (his blitz's were easily countered by a quick counter cross, for example)

"I think he wont even beat TJ in a rematch"

Okay? Good for you. He lost a single fight to a great fighter.

He had the same elusiveness, problem is he finally faced a good boxer his size that had better footwork. His style only works on shorter guys with bad striking.

It worked vs TJ

listening to Dom live on Joe Rogan's podcast now, and he doesn't seem broken in the slightest manner.

Dude's been through too much to get back to fighting to let one loss affect him mentally.

Back