"Money Fights" should be the fights the fans want to see the most

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and nobody wants to see GSP vs Bisping, what kind of a bullshit fight is that!?

i'm disgusted by these blatant picking and choosig of opponents with the excuse "money fight", Bisping needs to fucking fight Yoel next and the UFC should just force him to just like they forced tyron to fight wonderboy.

And Conor has to fight thewinner of Khabib vs Ferguson next, and everybodyx agrees, so you know what? This should be a money fight for both of the fighters. Enough with the fakemedia bullshit boxing match talks with Floyd, man oop Conor and fight the best lightweight in the world! And the UFC needs to fucking pay these guys.

I think you are confusing "most fans" with Sherdoggers and people with MMA knowledge. Money Fights are money fights b/c they make the most money b/c the most people buy those PPVs.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you as far as some of these stupid matchups that they are coming up with nowadays but they are putting those matchups together b/c it will sell the most PPV

and nobody wants to see GSP vs Bisping, what kind of a bullshit fight is that!?

i'm disgusted by these blatant picking and choosig of opponents with the excuse "money fight", Bisping needs to fucking fight Yoel next and the UFC should just force him to just like they forced tyron to fight wonderboy.

And Conor has to fight thewinner of Khabib vs Ferguson next, and everybodyx agrees, so you know what? This should be a money fight for both of the fighters. Enough with the fakemedia bullshit boxing match talks with Floyd, man oop Conor and fight the best lightweight in the world! And the UFC needs to fucking pay these guys.
What fans are you talking about?

Are you excluding the millions of casuals who want to see Floyd vs. Conor and who don't even know who Khabib and T Ferg are because you identify as a hardcore and somehow think you're better than casuals or dismiss them because they're not "true fans" based on your arbitrary definition? Like how Hitler classified part of the human population as untermensch? This is discrimination and discrimination is the root cause of racism.

Face it, if you're talking sheer number of fans then Bisping vs. GSP is a far more sought after fight than Bisping vs. Romero.

Money fights don't mean that it's a good fight. McGregor vs Mayweather in an MMA fight is a money fight, but I don't want to see that.

GSP is coming back, I'd like to see him face the winner of Woodley vs Thompson II or a #1 contender fight against Maia. I don't want to see GSP against McGregor or Bisping.

But....
they literally are the fights that fans want to see the most
evidenced by the amount of fans that will pay to see them

Mayweather/Conor is literally the fight that fans want to see the most
Hardcoresherdog nerds aren't the only fans in the world

Last edited:
But....

Mayweather/Floyd is literally the fight that fans want to see the most
<WellThere>
TS done goof'd.

"money fights" are, by definition, the fights which will bring in the most money - hence the name. And while we might not like some of the "money fights" we'll probably watch just for the spectacle - and that's why they're "money fights" - a Conor vs Floyd fight is a mismatch, a freakshow, and a spectacle - which is why it's a money fight.

But....

Mayweather/Floyd is literally the fight that fans want to see the most
<bball1>

what? Money fights are fights that will sell to casuals, introducing ingredients to feed that sect, but "money fights" aren't typically in line with what an actual fan of the sport should want to see because the reality of most money fights is that they don't serve fans any real purpose. They serve the fighters and the company, and it's the job of the fanbase who is being served an unsatisfactory fight to push back to that rather than justify it.

This part really bothers me.

Did you support Bisping vs Hendo ll ? How about Conor vs Diaz ( The first unearned title shot at LW vs RDA ) 196 ? Did you think it was acceptable to create an Interim Belt. In the division, and on the very same card. Where the healthy, undefended champion, was scheduled for a pointless, re-match at WW ? The re-match at 202 ? The second unearned LW title fight, at 205 ? Do you think Conor being on Maternity Leave is acceptable ? Right after winning a belt he hadn't earned the opportunity to fight for, to begin with ? How many of you railed against the constant re-matches of a few years ago ? The un-warranted title shots, to ppl like Nick Diaz ?

If you can say you were on the record. As protesting all of those things. By all means. I'd like to hear your opinion.

But, after all of the fights I just named...

All of a sudden...

GSP possibly getting a free shot at the MW belt, is an issue ? Yes, I know GSP just bugs the shit out of some of you. And there's ZERO you can bitch about. No matter how desperately you try. It makes you look like bitches.

And, I'm already on the record as saying GSP does not deserve a free shot at MW. Not, BEFORE Bisping defends against legit top 2 contender. If Bisping had either fought GSP in his initial defence. Or fought a top 2 contender. Then the other is a reasonable option for his second defence. But, not after rank 12, Hendo. Fighting GSP would not be right.

What about the free shot at WW, they supposedly just offered to Nick ? He has to have the UFC record, for being offered/fighting in the most unearned UFC title fights.

I lobbied against all of those fights, publicly. They are not legit. They affect the legitimacy of the UFC. I saw it plain as day a cpl years ago. But, because of instant satisfaction seeking assholes. I had to watch all that fuckery unfold.

If you supported any of the above. You really need to just leave the thread, and keep your fucking mouths shut about what YOU helped create.

Money fights...

They're the only fuckin ones the UFC cares about anymore. And, the casual assholes. And tunnel visioned Ex-Pride fanboys, are to blame.

Circus Sideshows are your Huckleberry...So sit down, and enjoy the show. Cause, I hear way too much whining from you assholes.

All of the above said. I've publicly lobbied against it. But...

If the powers that be. Make Bisping vs GSP for the MW belt. I'm all over it.

It's about maintaining credibility. I sing the same song everyday.

But....

Mayweather/Conor is literally the fight that fans want to see the most

How do you know Conor vs Mayweather is the fight fans want to see the most?

What fans are you talking about?

Are you excluding the millions of casuals who want to see Floyd vs. Conor and who don't even know who Khabib and T Ferg are because you identify as a hardcore and somehow think you're better than casuals or dismiss them because they're not "true fans" based on your arbitrary definition? Like how Hitler classified part of the human population as untermensch? This is discrimination and discrimination is the root cause of racism.

Face it, if you're talking sheer number of fans then Bisping vs. GSP is a far more sought after fight than Bisping vs. Romero.

But the casuals just want to see GSP. They don't care about Bisping.

The UFC also thought Hendo vs Bisping 2 was a money fight and nobody cared about that fight. Both the hardcore and the casual fans.

Back