I hope GSP is smart enough to come back at 155

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's the only division he has a good chance to be champ in, and defend once or twice before retiring as double GOAT. At 185 his frame is just too small, he's probably better than all top ten 185ers, but even journeymen like Bisping would probably beat him because of the difference in size and frame. GSP can put on enough muscles to be 220 and still be able to function, but that doesn't mean he's gonna take down Miocic and hold him there. At 170 GSP can very realistically take the title again, but being away for years, the sports evolving a little, and having quick on their feet giants like Wonder Boy isn't gonna make his reign easy. I don't want GSP doing freak show fights for the fans, he needs to win a few and leave to create some explosive children with his GF. His comeback should cement his GOAT status.

If hes smart he will push for the Silva. Huge fight and very winnable. Could be the last time Anderson fights coming off a victory too

If hes smart he will push for the Silva. Huge fight and very winnable. Could be the last time Anderson fights coming off a victory too

GSP vs. McGOAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GSP vs. Silva.

Wonderboy's the very opposite of a giant. He's walking around 190 now so he's no longer extremely small but he was TINY before coming into the Woodley fight at 178.

Height isn't size moreso than weight.

He'd be smart if he fights Conor next, but GSP is easily led on and probably would want a tune up fight and thinks Conor has Shane Carwin type of power.

Please no GSP vs Conor. They'll already have an interim champ after 209. Conor coming back and fighting someone other than the interim champ is ridiculous. i think we've bent the infrastructure of UFC enough in 206 with the constant search for money fights. Just one legit title defense please Conor? Please Dana? IMHO.

Please no GSP vs Conor. They'll already have an interim champ after 209. Conor coming back and fighting someone other than the interim champ is ridiculous. i think we've bent the infrastructure of UFC enough in 206 with the constant search for money fights. Just one legit title defense please Conor? Please Dana? IMHO.
Between LW and MW I'd prefer Conor, MW is held up more.

I like GSP vs Connor best
GSP vs Silva is cool but obviously not even close to what it could've been years ago
GSP vs Lawler
GSP vs Diaz 2
I really hope GSP doesn't come back and look/perform as a shell of his former self. I am of the opinion that everybody used PEDs at least some of the time until USADA so GSP could certainly be affected. However, hes had a lot of time now to get clean and recover his hormones if he was in fact using.
Guys like Overeem and Vitor haven't had that luxury. They had to let their endocrine system recover while they fought. I cant imagine that. Especially Overeem who still fought incredibly well again post PEDs.

155 , God I hope not. He would be drained and we might not get to see a grapplefuck. I think he should only fight superfights and hope he maybe still somewhere near his prime.

155 , God I hope not. He would be drained and we might not get to see a grapplefuck. I think he should only fight superfights and hope he maybe still somewhere near his prime.
He bulked up as far as he could go and was still a smaller WW. He should make 155 easy.

i've got low hopes for his return.

there are 4 legit contenders @ 185, 2 @ 170, and a soon to be 2nd belt @ 155.

the only fight that makes sense to me and doesn't fuck over a handful of others is if Conor drops his LW strap and fights GSP at whatever weight they agree on.

Did you see the size difference between Nick Diaz and Anderson when they fought? Nick looked a lot smaller not just height but thickness....

Nick is bigger than GSP. GSP is DEFINITELY closer to a 155 pounder than a 185 pounder

He bulked up as far as he could go and was still a smaller WW. He should make 155 easy.
After thinking about it. 155 would be good for him. Fighting Conor , Khabib and Ferguson would further cement his place as GOAT.

i've got low hopes for his return.

there are 4 legit contenders @ 185, 2 @ 170, and a soon to be 2nd belt @ 155.

the only fight that makes sense to me and doesn't fuck over a handful of others is if Conor drops his LW strap and fights GSP at whatever weight they agree on.
Conor / Khabib fight.

GSP fights Conor either way after.

Did you see the size difference between Nick Diaz and Anderson when they fought? Nick looked a lot smaller not just height but thickness....

Nick is bigger than GSP. GSP is DEFINITELY closer to a 155 pounder than a 185 pounder

Silva is a shell of himself. GSP handled Diaz better than Silva did, despite Silva being bigger. Roided Silva too, he didnt look as big against Brunson

Yankees gonna suck. Sox will win the east again

Disagree...

Any fight at LW unless it's for a Title Shot vs Conor. Is a really bad idea. He'd be better off fighting Conor at WW. And of course... He has a very legit chance to beat Bisping. The only other fight he should un-retire for is Silva.

GSP has enough unreasonably obsessive haters. Him taking a fight at LW. Even if it was Conor, and he was screaming from every rooftop. That he could kick GSP's ass. GSP haters would say GSP pushed for a smaller fighter. But, that's the only way the fight ever happens at LW.

YOU ALL FUCKING KNOW GSP would be ridiculed, and lied about for the rest of time, in here.

Nope...

Two money fights. Conor, and Silva. And a title match with Bisping. Nothing else makes much sense. Depending on a time-line. A TS at WW, is a possibility too. Either way... If GSP fights for a title. At least one very deserving contender, is getting shit on. But, that isn't GSP's fault.

Back