If GSP beat Woodley, and Thompson upon his return to the cage....

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
I don't think you can put any fighter in the history of MMA above him from a legacy, and GOAT standpoint. I really don't see how you could. Also, a bonus win would be Lawler. If he were able to pull that off, I honestly can't put any fighter above him, ever. Would be the GOAT comeback, and GOAT resume at that point.

What say you, Sherdog? Also, Conor has no chance against GSP, if GSP is even 80-85% of what he was, even just the version of GSP that fought Hendricks, let alone his prime.

I'd honestly be surprised if he beat all those guys, and I'm a fan. GSP was clearly slowing down after 2009, due to being out of his physical prime, injuries, etc.

For a guy that relies on explosiveness and speed, being out of your prime by atleast 5 years could be a bad idea imo. I hope he dominates though, I'll always be a fan win or lose.

We dont even know if hes stil in prime or not.prime gsp beat all the fighters u mentioned

I don't think he'd win either of those fights. I don't see how anybody could think he's going to be anywhere near the fighter he was after a four-year layoff. Prime GSP is one of the greatest fighters in the world but that guy's gone and he ain't coming back.

I'd honestly be surprised if he beat all those guys, and I'm a fan. GSP was clearly slowing down after 2009, due to being out of his physical prime, injuries, etc.

For a guy that relies on explosiveness and speed, being out of your prime by atleast 5 years could be a bad idea imo. I hope he dominates though, I'll always be a fan win or lose.

The most impressive thing to me was how dominant he still was able to be after the ACL surgeries. People forget, he had 2 ACL tears. That's absolutely insane to me that he came back from those the way he did, and was still able to display his usual dominance.

I think he can beat Thompson, but in an even more declined form against Hendricks Dark Version...

GSP would jab Lawler all night long, and if Lawler tries to actually fight, he will be taken down, and kept down.

GSP should beat Lawler easily.

The most impressive thing to me was how dominant he still was able to be after the ACL surgeries. People forget, he had 2 ACL tears. That's absolutely insane to me that he came back from those the way he did, and was still able to display his usual dominance.
In was indeed insane, which is why I'll not count him out. To come back from that and still beat top contenders is absolutely insane to me.

He's already GOAT.

Literally...

Any win, just adds to the legacy.

All kinds of assholes calling Conor the best ever. Certainly, kicking the fuck out of him adds to the legacy.

The long overdue Super Fight with Silva. Certainly, GSP's long lay off, and beating a P4P candidate. Would count pretty highly.

Beating Bisping to win the MW belt.

He's already GOAT. And winning any of the fights I just mentioned cements it even further...PERIOD.

He's already GOAT.

Literally...

Any win, just adds to the legacy.

All kinds of assholes calling Conor the best ever. Certainly, kicking the fuck out of him adds to the legacy.

The long overdue Super Fight with Silva. Certainly, GSP's long lay off, and beating a P4P candidate. Would count pretty highly.

Beating Bisping to win the MW belt.

He's already GOAT. And winning any of the fights I just mentioned cements it even further...PERIOD.

I'm not gonna argue with that, but you could conceivably put Jones right up there with him after the DC win. But honestly, if you said either fighter was GOAT, you wouldn't get a complaint out of me. They're both, that good.

GSP is coming back for a freak show fight for big bucks, not to get a potential beating from two guys who are non draws. Conor McGregor would be the most legit fight he could potentially take but the aliens may have advised Georges to not put their specimen through any more jarrings. Probably looking at a fight against pillow fisted Nick or pillow fisted Brit. Really hope it's not Diaz because we already saw that hug fest and once was enough.

He's already the WW Goat. But wins over Woodley and other top contenders might make him the greatest eva !!! Also , don't care if its not 2009 but I still want to see the superfight with Silva.

GSP is coming back for a freak show fight for big bucks, not to get a potential beating from two guys who are non draws. Conor McGregor would be the most legit fight he could potentially take but the aliens may have advised Georges to not put their specimen through any more jarrings. Probably looking at a fight against pillow fisted Nick or pillow fisted Brit. Really hope it's not Diaz because we already saw that hug fest and once was enough.

Yeah, absolutely no to the Diaz fight. Their styles just don't make for a good fight.

I'm not gonna argue with that, but you could conceivably put Jones right up there with him after the DC win. But honestly, if you said either fighter was GOAT, you wouldn't get a complaint out of me. They're both, that good.

No denial by me about Jones.

But, my stance is well documented. If you pop...

You're OUT of the GOAT conversation... Period.

You remain in the best P4P all-time discussion. But, that's it. Which is why I labeled Silva as a P4P fighter. As opposed to a GOAT fighter.

I realize many don't use those same standards. But, they are the ones I use.

I think GSP avoids guys with explosive KO power with the exception of Conor. Thompson, Maia, Bisping and Diaz all lack that proven one punch KO power that Woodley and Lawler possess.

If he comes back and wins 4 fights including Bisping, Thompson, Conor and whomever else it will just secure his legacy.

GSP would jab Lawler all night long, and if Lawler tries to actually fight, he will be taken down, and kept down.

GSP should beat Lawler easily.

GSP had an off night against a juiced out Hendricks and people write off his career like he squeeked by

Back