What Masvidal is doing is not to "be entertaining", get more popular or be funny.

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He's trying to get fights. It seems you guys forget he said they turn down fighting him often and he can't get the opponents he wants. He's calling out Magny cause he probably went after bigger fights and got turned down, he isn't doing funny shit on twitter to get these pro wrestling fans buzzing, he's trying to get the guy mad enough to at least sign the contract.

Not everytime a fighter go after their opponents is to hype and promote shit or get attention, look at Werdum and Cigano, they're really attacking each other and they probably have 0 intention of "entertaining" the fans.

All these "uh Masvidal is just talking shit he thinks he's scarface now" or whatever as if he's pushing some sort of gimmick to get popular, stop.

Now everytime fighters go at each other there's part of the fans that expect them to put effort in being "entertaining" while doing so, why is that ? that's not a must for anybody.

He should start being entertaining and trash talking for fights... Lately more than ever that's how you get fights. Shouldn't be that way but such is life.

Or don't and fight Magney. Then he'll keep getting passed over and fade away.

Last edited:
All these "uh Masvidal is just talking shit he thinks he's scarface now" or whatever as if he's pushing some sort of gimmick to get popular, stop.

I always got more of a Razor Ramon vibe from him, and I ain't mad at it Chico.

200.gif

If a hot fighter is being avoided because his potential opponents fear losing to him and having their career derailed, I doubt they're going to be goaded into a fight with twitter shenanigans.

Masvidal has just gone full WWE McGregor mode. It's OK, you can still like him.

If a hot fighter is being avoided because his potential opponents fear losing to him and having their career derailed, I doubt they're going to be goaded into a fight with twitter shenanigans.

Masvidal has just gone full WWE McGregor mode. It's OK, you can still like him.
He just has the spotlight on him after beating Cerrone and people just pay attention to jokes and "Trash talk" anyway..

No full WWE McGregor shit, he's the same he's always been. Is people that expect that from him now EVERYTIME when they don't find it "as good as insert trash talker name here" they go at him for no reason at all.

Not everything these guys do is to get fans and get hype behind them, people have to stop expecting that from every fighter.

And Magny wold have a chance to go up the rankings, Masvidal wants a fight, makes sense to call him out if you think a bit about it, he knows his opponent would want the chance of getting closer to a title shot.

He just has the spotlight on him after beating Cerrone and people just pay attention to jokes and "Trash talk" anyway..

No full WWE McGregor shit, he's the same he's always been. Is people that expect that from him now EVERYTIME when they don't find it "as good as insert trash talker name here" they go at him for no reason at all.

Not everything these guys do is to get fans and get hype behind them, people have to stop expecting that from every fighter.

And Magny wold have a chance to go up the rankings, Masvidal wants a fight, makes sense to call him out if you think a bit about it, he knows his opponent would want the chance of getting closer to a title shot.

I'm just playing with the WWE McGregor stuff. I agree he has always been a character. He's playing it up a bit right now, nothing wrong with that though his career has never reached these heights and he is just going with it.

It can be both, his natural personality/confidence/wanting to call guys out as well as him trying to market himself.

I always got more of a Razor Ramon vibe from him, and I ain't mad at it Chico.

200.gif
I really believe if you stick Jorge on a big PPV event vs. a Genuine "good guy" like say Wonderboy and the lights go out and scarface music plays, if he manages to win he could be a huge star in the making and before you jump in i'm not saying Wonderboy will be an easy fight for him either.

1. Gangster entrance - check
2. Gangster persona - check
3. Legit skills - check
4. Starting to really hit his stride with the right team behind him - check
5. Future Champ - check

I think people ain't seeing this about to happen in my opinion.

I really believe if you stick Jorge on a big PPV event vs. a Genuine "good guy" like say Wonderboy and the lights go out and scarface music plays, if he manages to win he could be a huge star in the making and before you jump in i'm not saying Wonderboy will be an easy fight for him either.

3. Legit skills - check
5. Future Champ - check

I agree that Masvidal has star potential. However, I think he should be back at 155. He's undersized against the best WWs. Beating Cerrone (a LW) and Ellenberger (who's lost 6 out of 8 fights) is one thing, but beating guys like Wonderboy/Woodley/Maia is a different thing altogether. He has the skills to compete against those kinds of guys, but size matters.

Masvidal has been claiming that top fighters have been avoiding him for years. This is nothing new people are just taking it more seriously now that's he's ranked higher. I imagine the reason he's saying it isn't because he's trying to be popular or funny I think it's because top fighters have been avoiding him for years. He's a tough guy to look good against even if you win. Not to mention he hadn't been ranked high until recently so it's not a super enticing fight. Magny seems to take on all comers so it's a good idea on Masvidal to try to goad him into a fight. He won't be too pussy probably and that's a big win if Masvidal can take him.

He just beat the #5 ranked guy in the division with a finish(I consider a 1st round finish)

He really doesn't need to beg for a top guy anymore

I think he's earned a top fight. But the UFC loves money and talking shit gets the attention of causal fans.

Mas just wants to whoop some ass, let him bang bro

This is where belonging to a legit promotion. As opposed to being in the UFC, could come in handy.

Hey YOU... You're fighting Masvidal, got it ?

You don't want to ? Ok, to the back of the bus you go. Don't call us, we'll let you know when we can hook you up with a can.

The UFC is to blame. There is ZERO doubt about that. The fix is so fucking EASY. The UFC needs to lay down the fucking law.

Fuckery, and duckery should mot be tolerated. And if you want to avoid contenders. Then you get relegated to a top 11 - 15 ranking. Gatekeep your ass all you want. But, we ( UFC ) aren't paying big bucks, for gatekeepers.

Like the way Esparza has gone to huge lengths to avoid the best at SW. Well, after her recent loss to Markos. I don't think Carla ever even sniffs a TS again.

The UFC doesn't need fighters like that.

This is where belonging to a legit promotion. As opposed to being in the UFC, could come in handy.

Hey YOU... You're fighting Masvidal, got it ?

You don't want to ? Ok, to the back of the bus you go. Don't call us, we'll let you know when we can hook you up with a can.

The UFC is to blame. There is ZERO doubt about that. The fix is so fucking EASY. The UFC needs to lay down the fucking law.

Fuckery, and duckery should mot be tolerated. And if you want to avoid contenders. Then you get relegated to a top 11 - 15 ranking. Gatekeep your ass all you want. But, we ( UFC ) aren't paying big bucks, for gatekeepers.

Like the way Esparza has gone to huge lengths to avoid the best at SW. Well, after her recent loss to Markos. I don't think Carla ever even sniffs a TS again.

The UFC doesn't need fighters like that.
Agree, letting these guys just keep avoiding certain opponents to get "better matchups" and get win streaks going.

Esparza sucks, she should be fighting Gadelha, getting her shit punched in and being cut soon. Couldn't beat a 6-5 unranked fighter.

3. Legit skills - check
5. Future Champ - check

You seem like an Al Pacino fanboy that is in awe that a half cuban guy walked out to Scarface theme

Stop trying to push a gimmick on Jorge, he's always been like that. He is not using a "gangster" persona. Personas don't work in MMA, this is not pro wrestling.

If you go out there using a gimmick, MMA fans will hate that, this is not the same fanbase as WWE. Look at Tony Ferguson trying his best to push a "gimmick" approach to MMA and failing badly since nobody is giving a shit about his over confident behaviour and he sounds like a douchebag.

Masvidal isn't going to play that shit. He said it himself.

You seem like an Al Pacino fanboy that is in awe that a half cuban guy walked out to Scarface theme

Stop trying to push a gimmick on Jorge, he's always been like that. He is not using a "gangster" persona. Personas don't work in MMA, this is not pro wrestling.

If you go out there using a gimmick, MMA fans will hate that, this is not the same fanbase as WWE. Look at Tony Ferguson trying his best to push a "gimmick" approach to MMA and failing badly since nobody is giving a shit about his over confident behaviour and he sounds like a douchebag.

Masvidal isn't going to play that shit. He said it himself.
This whole sport changed a few years ago you are behind with the times, you just can't admit it to yourself. It's a popularity contest now, do i like this ? No i don't, i actually preferred it the way it was where legit contenders fought the best. Not like boxing where you can pad records and avoid the best competition. Jorge is ranked 5 - 6 now and can't get a fight because people are ducking him. Apparently 4 people all got hit by shrapnel walking over field mines in texas.

I didn't try to push a gimmick on Jorge he is that, relax a little the salt is trickling behind you.

This whole sport changed a few years ago you are behind with the times, you just can't admit it to yourself. It's a popularity contest now, do i like this ? No i don't, i actually preferred it the way it was where legit contenders fought the best. Not like boxing where you can pad records and avoid the best competition. Jorge is ranked 5 - 6 now and can't get a fight because people are ducking him. Apparently 4 people all got hit by shrapnel walking over field mines in texas.

I didn't try to push a gimmick on Jorge he is that, relax a little the salt is trickling behind you.
Is not a popularity contest, they want people to believe it is so they can force Sage Northcuts and PVZ's down our throats cause a minority of the fans enjoy that.

If you don't like that, don't enforce it yourself, or more people wanting "big money fights" and ducking champions and rankings meaning shit will be the future of the UFC and you can be it will not last long like that.

Is not a popularity contest, they want people to believe it is so they can force Sage Northcuts and PVZ's down our throats cause a minority of the fans enjoy that.

If you don't like that, don't enforce it yourself, or more people wanting "big money fights" and ducking champions and rankings meaning shit will be the future of the UFC and you can be it will not last long like that.
It's happening right now most of the top Welterweights want no part of Jorge and are basically avoiding him. Am i against him getting a bit more exposure which he is right now of course not. I had an opinion that Jorge could become a big star if he get's a big win on a big card over a "good guy" and you are turning it into gimmicks and WWE and a load of old nonsense like it seems to be eating away at you.

Back