How Can Anyone Respect Conor?

LeBron

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I can understand people liking him/finding him entertaining etc., but how can you respect him? He doesn't defend his titles, chases favorable match ups and takes maternity leaves.

I really want to know how anyone can respect this guy as a fighter.

P.S. I blame Alvarez for allowing this shit storm to really take off.

I respect him for completely taking over and ruining the game.

Last edited:
You don't have to respect what he does outside the cage. Respect his hands.

He has fought everybody put in front of him. Its not his fault RDA got hurt setting up the fights with Diaz. Mcgregor is good for MMA !!!

How can you not respect Conor?

That's the real question.

How can anybody NOT respect Conor?

idgaf about his "legitimacy" as a champ. I respect the fuck outta the fact that he puts world class talent to sleep in under 3 rounds.

If he doesn't fight the winner of Khabib vs. Tony then i won't be happy but other than that he has been pretty legit so far.

How can you not respect Conor?

That's the real question.

I would respect him if he gave Aldo the rematch, didn't try to make excuses that Nate won because he's huge, and didn't look to fight Floyd instead of defending his fucking belt.

Rassler Mendez
P4P #1 Aldo
Guy that beat/choked him

"Favourable match-ups"

sigh

Why wouldn't I respect a guy who destroyed the #1 P4P fighter at the time?

As for 'chases favorable match-ups', Alvarez only became favorable AFTER the fight. Before the fight, he was a 'nightmare' match-up because of his wrestling/durability. Aldo was also going to destroy him because leg kicks and shit. Let's not re-write history now. A lot of people (myself included) expected him to lose those fights, and the potential RDA fight he wanted. Some people on here were certain Dustin Poirier was going to end the hype train, too.

At least he doesn't quit on his team when things don't go his way...

Or get "cramps" during the finals.

360883.jpg

How can anybody NOT respect Conor?

idgaf about his "legitimacy" as a champ. I respect the fuck outta the fact that he puts world class talent to sleep in under 3 rounds.

Why not prove it wasn't a lucky punch? Instead of avoiding him like the fucking plague afterwards.

I would respect him if he gave Aldo the rematch, didn't try to make excuses that Nate won because he's huge, and didn't look to fight Floyd instead of defending his fucking belt.
I feel you but he's 10-1 in the UFC. Fights like 3 times a year, has an incredibly exciting style, all of his wins are via KO/TKO except the Nate rematch, he slept the p4p king in 13 seconds, he made the 155 champion look like an amateur, he is the king of trash talking and provides us with amazing entertainment and laughter, he has made more money than any fighter before him and has no just the UFC by MMA by the balls. Also, it's not like he is afraid of Aldo, he was booked to fight RDA which is essentially a bigger Aldo.

How can you not respect all that?

Back