Chael Sonnen says Conor vs GSP is the biggest fight to make BUT Bisping vs GSP more likely

I think the new UFC should stick to the old UFC's model some what...look at the long term of their company. These money fights are turning divisions into roadblocks and paper champs for the top fighters in their respective (FW, LW, MW and possibly WW) divisions.

Pick a division, stay there. Dominate, then test the waters in a different weight class.

I understand that the new ownership is trying to generate as much revenue as they can right now, and realize that Michael B. is probably the easiest of all match ups for GSP for the MW title, but come on. There is no way GSP stays at MW.

GSP needs to fight Lawler. Winner gets winner of Woodley/Wonderboy vs. Maia.

Either fight is pretty much a freakshow.

Conor is the biggest draw in MMA for sure, but I'm betting Bisping with his big mouth could probably hype this fight up and get fans tuned in as well. Plus, GOAT coming back.

I was dying to know Chael's take on this. Thanks TS.

The Bisping fight is ridiculous. He knows he can beat Bisping, but he wouldn't face ANY of the top-5 MWs.

A Conor fight would probably sell a lot more.

A fight with Anderson - why not build a time machine instead?

I see smoke screens, fight against Bisping would be a lose-lose-lose: If GSP wins the MW title I don't see him defending against Romero, Rockhold or Jacare. If he vacates the title it will be tarnished. If GSP loses to Bisping, he will be less interesting even at WW. So I don't think the UFC would allow GSP taking the MW belt. He will either go for the WW or the LW title.

Does anyone think GSP can even make 155 without looking like a concentration camp survivor ?

I seriously don't see how it is possible for him. He has no fat to lose so he would just have to cannibalize his own muscle.

Does anyone think GSP can even make 155 without looking like a concentration camp survivor ?

I seriously don't see how it is possible for him. He has no fat to lose so he would just have to cannibalize his own muscle.
GSP wouldn't go down to 155. Conor would go up again.

I think the new UFC should stick to the old UFC's model some what...look at the long term of their company. These money fights are turning divisions into roadblocks and paper champs for the top fighters in their respective (FW, LW, MW and possibly WW) divisions.

Pick a division, stay there. Dominate, then test the waters in a different weight class.

I understand that the new ownership is trying to generate as much revenue as they can right now, and realize that Michael B. is probably the easiest of all match ups for GSP for the MW title, but come on. There is no way GSP stays at MW.

When you buy something for 4.2 billion, you want immediate ROI (return on investment). The times of absurd title defenses is gone unless you sell like chit and they keep feeding you chumps.

Super fights are what is up next. Get with the program or find a new sport. It is a business first, sports entertainment next, and at the bottom of the list, it is a sport. The integrity of the owners shouldn't be trusted as far you you could throw them,

GSP needs to fight Lawler. Winner gets winner of Woodley/Wonderboy vs. Maia.

gsp came back for money, so he will be pursuing the biggest money fights

Back