Do you guys think that womens 145lbs is set for failure in the UFC?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It already started badly with GDR vs Holm... What u guys say?

They should've never made it, should've made women's 125.

Last edited:
I think when Cyborg arrives it will provide for some entertaining, if massively one-sided, fights.

This division is made for her...but who knows, once there's a belt and a champion the girls will have something to fight for and it might start to develop a little further down the line.

The top ten women (not counting Holly and GDR, who are really 135) have a lower winning percentage than the top ten at WBW. The top ten at 145 have a lower winning percentage when fighting women at 135 than they do fighting women of their own weight class. That should tell you about all you need to know about the "talent" in this division.

Marloes Coenen, Cyborg's best win, has five losses at 135 and one to someone who now fights at 125 and was cut from the UFC. Coenen has a sub-loss to Tate.

Cybrog herself has only fought six women who have not fought at a lower weight class, several fighting two weight classes down. Of those six, three have zero wins. The numbers here pretty much speak for themselves about the depth of talent in this division.

Absolutely. It was a bad idea and it should have never been implemented. They should have went with women's 125.

People dont like watching men's 125-145 because of the lack of KO power.

If there are more crisp KO's at 145 for women then it will succeed. Unfortunately you need 155+ to get a library of KO footage.

for atleast 2-3 years. if no contenders and legit good skills by then..it's done.

People dont like watching men's 125-145 because of the lack of KO power.

If there are more crisp KO's at 145 for women then it will succeed. Unfortunately you need 155+ to get a library of KO footage.
Huh? Men's 145 has plenty of power.

In general WMMA is not all that appealing. In each division you clearly 3-4 who are so far above the rest.

And 145lb atm is 2 fighters.

Yes!
When you create a division just for one like Cyborg, it's doomed to fail.

Seems to me making a 125lb division would have been better, but then again I am not in charge of their demographics/business model to determine their exact reasoning.

It just seems that there are some bigger 115's and smaller 135's and they could have filled out the division nicely in a shorter amount of time then it would take to fill out the 145 division.

Seems to me making a 125lb division would have been better, but then again I am not in charge of their demographics/business model to determine their exact reasoning.
Their reasoning is probably just that Cyborg is more well known than any 125ers and could be a draw.

I mean...there's, what, 3 women in the division? And one is on a 3-fight losing streak? And another has difficulty making weight or passing drug tests? And they're already trying to do a rematch of the only fight to ever happen in the division (a title fight)?

I mean...I don't see them even really giving the division a fair shot. The whole thing just doesn't make sense.

There are like 4 fighters in the division and 3 of them could fight at 135.

Besides, there are enough wmma fights already anyway, don't need more

Even if they raid Invicta and Bellator for talent, half of them have already lost to Cyborg, which is the whole reason this weight class was created.

It's an abortion.

Title is redundant. WMMA and failure

The two of us should both do a duet together.

Their reasoning is probably just that Cyborg is more well known than any 125ers and could be a draw.

Makes sense, but if there are not enough opponents we will end up seeing Cyborg fight 4 chicks 12 times each!

It just seems that there are some bigger 115's and smaller 135's and they could have filled out the division nicely in a shorter amount of time then it would take to fill out the 145 division.

To say nothing of the simple fact that there are over three times as many women at 125 as there are at 145.

Back