The UFC has officially turned into boxing

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
Gone are the days of champions fighting rightful challengers. It's all about who can make the promotion the most money and how can they keep a fighter on top to make that money for them.

It all started with Connie's ducking and the UFC allowing it. Now we have GSP getting a shot at Bisping even though 2 guys have been winning for yrs and paid their dues. Sure, for the UFC it makes sense. GSP wins and Dana has a new dick to suck. GSP loses, and he's a WW who "challenged" himself and Bisping beats an all time great.

Get used to your favorite fighters getting shafted for quick money grabs.

Gone are the days of champions fighting rightful challengers. It's all about who can make the promotion the most money and how can they keep a fighter on top to make that money for them.

It all started with Connie's ducking and the UFC allowing it. Now we have GSP getting a shot at Bisping even though 2 guys have been winning for yrs and paid their dues. Sure, for the UFC it makes sense. GSP wins and Dana has a new dick to suck. GSP loses, and he's a WW who "challenged" himself and Bisping beats an all time great.

QFT, truer words were never spoken. Why can't GSP fight Woodley? Both are lifetime WW's, one had the belt and retired, one has the belt. Whose the best?

With the UFC losing some top fighters and losing legitimacy its a perfect time for other orgs to step up imo.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, When Conor leap frogged top contenders at 155 for a shot at Eddie I was disgusted. At one time there was purity in UFC MMA, now it has turned into a WWE/Boxing shenanigans

You should parade in the streets and hold up signs for this travesty

It didn't start with Conor FFS, he's just the most recent example.

It happened years ago with Tito avoiding Chuck for the big payday fighting Kenny or Arlovski getting joke title defences against lower tier guys like Buentello. Randy getting title shot after title shot. Lesnar getting a title match after being 1.1 in the UFC off his big win over Heath Herring. And countless other examples of marketing over talent.

Conor didn't duck anyone, he beat Aldo, Max and Mendez the top 3 guys.
He was stripped of the FW belt.
He is just the LW champ and he just won that, want them to strip him already? If he is coming back he will defend vs Khabib/Tony winner or be stripped.

Bisping didn't beat anyone in the top 5 except the champion Rockhold.
He already fought an unranked old man that he barely beat and now they wanna give him a retired WW fighter unranked again at MW.
It's not the same thing. When Bisping beats Jacare and Romero and wants to move up to face Rumble/DC winner while fighting 3 times we'll compare then.

I do agree about UFC becoming a circus lately, cutting guys like Cirkunov, young and undefeated in the UFC with all finishes.
And not giving Romero or Maia their title shots.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm a Conor fan but Conor has ruined what it means to be a champion. Now everybody is just after the money fights rather than defending it against the number 1 contenders.

Yeah, it's not like the good old days where Randy Couture would get title shots after sitting on the couch for 18 months and/or coming off defeats in different a weight class.

You mean Nick Diaz being offered more title shots in 2017 than Demian Maia isn't a merit based booking? Shit I thought the world of prizefighting was all about merit. UFC = DYING CONFIRMED

I'm 35 and as life long boxing fan and mma fan since 2006 I'm starting to agree. This is turning into not fighting the top challengers to ducking and hand picking money fights. The battle of promoters in boxing has just stalled it into a mess time and time again and now here are in the ufc ducking and hand picking money fights.

It didn't start with Conor FFS, he's just the most recent example.

It happened years ago with Tito avoiding Chuck for the big payday fighting Kenny or Arlovski getting joke title defences against lower tier guys like Buentello. Randy getting title shot after title shot. Lesnar getting a title match after being 1.1 in the UFC off his big win over Heath Herring. And countless other examples of marketing over talent.

Huge differences in both examples. Dana wanted to make Liddell/Ortiz, but Ortiz was the one ducking.

In Brock's case, yeah he was fast-tracked to a title shot, but he wasn't protected. Say what you want about his skills, but the man fought pretty much every top HW in the UFC at the time.

It's a fad that'll die out soon. Everybody wants to be McGregor without actually being McGregor, and it's really just fan service the UFC is giving to Bisping. as stupid as it is, it's not happening in any of the other divisions.

Gone are the days of champions fighting rightful challengers.

Chael-Sonnen-and-Jon-Jones.jpg

randy-couture-brock-lesnar.jpg

DiazGSPStandoff.jpg

27_UFC68WeighinsSylviaCouture.jpg

gsp-penn.jpg

Jose-Aldo-Frankie-Edgar-UFC-156-weigh.jpg

Sigh

Last edited:
Id like to find that interview where Dana said "UFC will never turn into boxing.."

it is fucking annoying to see all these champions wanting "big money fights", having guys on never ending win streaks never fight for the belt etc. not to mention interim belts everywhere.

Like, Nick Diaz is a money fight ? allright. Most likely he comes back do some half assed showdown with someone where he'll lay on the ground for 5 rounds, complains about losing the decision and fails post drug test for marijuana.

HE'S A MONEY FIGHT ? NICK DIAZ ? NATE ? Nate is like, 21-10 ? Guys that are long gone from being the best are not willing to get into the octagon unless they offer them a shit ton of money, THEY DON'T DESERVE IT. This newly acquired popularity shouldn't grant them that, simple. They never had any major accomplishment in the UFC.

I'm tired of this, only the personas of the fighters matters to media and fans, not how good they are. that fucking sucks.

Back