Woodley vs GSP (who would win)

Platinum Bless

God's Gift
@Blue
Reaction score
Would this be GSP's toughest opponent since Hendricks? Woodley has incredible strength, knockout power and one of the best wrestlers in welterweight at the moment. If this fight actually happens, who do you see winning?

I think Woodley would be a very tough fight for GSP. I mean post ACL surgery GSP.

Not UFC 100 GSP

prime gsp i think makes it look easy now its a tough fight and he may end up on the wrong end of a beatdown

That would actually be the first time I would root for Woodley, but GSP would probably take it by jab and lay and pray.

GSP vs Bisping is going to happen I think.

After that, if he wins, GSP will defend the belt once against Anderson Silva. Then relinquish it (again, if he wins) and move down to 170 to fight for the belt.

If he beats whoever is champ at 170 (Woodley, Thompson, Maia, Lawler, whoever..), he will fight against Conor and defend the belt. Conor probably will be chasing (and eventually making) the Mayweather fight until then. That will be his first fight back in MMA.

He is coming for the money fights, that GSP money.

Today, Woodley has a great shot.

Prime GSP would probably make Woodley look average.

BLM wins by not being hella rusty at this point.

GSP would lose now. Ring rust almost 4 years, out of prime...

Prime GSP dominates Woodley easily.

Prime gsp jabs his way to a decision. Current gsp gets tkod

Comes down to if GSP's gameplanning can overcome Woodley's technical mistakes, but Woodley's skills are so dangerous that they make it hard to beat him even if you're technically superior, which showed in the Thompson fight. Makes the same mistakes with the Matt Hughes school of striking stance while backing up against the cage, but can still put anyone on skates or on their back from there.

I don't think GSP can outwrestle him and he relies more on blocking and distance than evasive footwork and head movement, which is part of why he took so many shots in his recent fights against fighters with a good guard/good wrestling. Woodley's career peak is now so I'd go with him.

Would this be GSP's toughest opponent since Hendricks? Woodley has incredible strength, knockout power and one of the best wrestlers in welterweight at the moment. If this fight actually happens, who do you see winning?
Yes, Tyron Woodley would be GSP's toughest opponent since Hendricks.

Then again, so would everyone in the UFC.
So would Cody McKenzie.
So would Julian Lane.
So would I.

This woodley beats any version of gsp.

Gsp was "dominating" blown up lw n one dimensional ww.

Woodley would just steamroll him

St. Pierre is 35 years old now, and hasn't competed in over 3 years.

I wouldn't be too confident in picking him against top WW's these days. 5 years ago I'd pick him against all of them easily though

This woodley beats any version of gsp.

Gsp was "dominating" blown up lw n one dimensional ww.

Woodley would just steamroll him

Like he steamrolled Rory? Prime gsp wins easily. Today who knows. Until we see gsp fight we just have no idea what shape he is in.

Toughest fight since his last fight?

Weird thing to say TS

Back