Josh Thomson payout

The non believer

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just looked at the payouts from Bellator.
I've heard a lot of fighters talking about going out on the free market and make more money than the UFC can provide. But when I see the payouts from Bellator 172 (which may be considered the 2nd biggest promotion after UFC) I can't see any gold on the end of that rainbow.
Thomson gets 10.000.
In his last fight at strikeforce he made 90.000 and at his last fight at UFC fight he made 85.000.

I know the reebok deal hurt the UFC fighters but the reebok payments for Thomson would alone be bigger than his paycheck at bellator.

I don't buy it though. Because it makes no cents. <{yearp}>

and just before someone claims my total ignorance I know that bellator got him cheap because of his 3 fight lossing streak.

They get paid a large up front sum by signing on or some crap like that.

Go test out free agency they said, get paid they said.

Bellator does not release their real figures because they don't want to upset their prospects who are earning 1k show/1k win. Plus like one of the previous posters mentioned, they probably get a large sign bonus etc.

Bellator does not release the real figures because they don't want to upset their prospects who are earning 1k show/1k win.

& have to sell tickets to locals in order to be on the cards

Thomson probably has good sponsors and he doesnt care about Bellator salary

Pretty sure he made over 100K easily after everything was all said and done.

Bringing AC reported pay fo
r a top level fighter is useless in any context.
That is not fully what top fighters earn.

Last edited:
Bringing AC reported pay forr a top level fighter is useless in any context.
That is not fully what top fighters earn.

and /thread

no one knows how each contract is structured.

and /thread

no one knows how each contract is structured.

But it will get brought up 25x a day still.

Some nitwit argued with me that Bisping made more than Conor did, because AC reported pay is a governing agency & had to be correct.

I doubt that is the real figure, but if it is....YIKES!!!!!!

I think the main reason fighters are leaving is because of the sponsorship money.

Top stars in Bellator don't make lots with Win/show money. They get large sums up front when they sign the contract and great chance they get title shots quickly and of course that sponsorship money. I'd bet he made $150k up front for signing with Bellator and probably 60-150k per fight in sponsorships.

Back