GSP should fight Hendricks at 185

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
That is real unfinished business. Hendricks refused to do the WADA tests for their fight. And since USADA came in, Hendricks hasn't looked the same but now he is claiming that 185 has rejuvenated him and that he is gonna beast GSP if they fought at MW.

GSP needs to do this fight its unfinished business with not just Hendricks but with Dana as well. Dana's comments and treatment of GSP leading up to the Hendricks fight and in the post fight presser was very disrespectful and might have been one of the reasons GSP walked away from the sport.

GSP needs to sit Hendricks' ass down.

Huge payday for GSP. he will be taking 20% of Hendrick's fight purse

can Hendricks even make 185? He should be in the bariatrics division.

GSP vs Anderson Silva, or no GSP at all. <{gspressed}>

Already beaten. GSP is coming back for 2 or 3 big money fights before retiring. Post-USADA Hendricks is a bum at this point with 3 losses in his last 4 fights.

BigBurger division, so far he have Hendricks,Lineker.
feel free to add more.

Ugh, no. Hendricks doesn't even deserve to be in the same parking lot.

I don't think most casual fans even remember who Hendricks is at this point.

If GSP is coming back to cement his legacy and proclaim himself GOAT he'll challenge the champion of either 170 lbs. or 185 lbs.

If he's coming back to a money fight he should be relentlessly pushing for a fight against McGregor.

If he's coming back for the lulz he should fight CM Punk.

He was never a risk-taker but he's foolish if he doesn't realize that Bisping is the best chance he could ask for if his aim is to become a 2-divisional GOAT status legend.

Hendrix has lost whatever it factor he had when he lost 3 in a row....so NO!

The only reason GSP is considering 185 is because he likes the idea of fighting for the belt and he thinks he knows something about Bisping that we don't. It's not like GSP is coming back to take on the 185 division. His coach said he's even open to fighting for the 155 belt (not that the UFC would let Conor fight GSP), or Woodley for the 170 belt.

The rematch would have been exciting 4 years ago, but Hendricks went on to lose three straight shortly after. That's not including the fact that he ruined a fight because he couldn't make weight, and weighed in heavy for the other two.

He was a bad judge call from getting cut from the UFC altogether a couple of days ago, and now he thinks a fight with GSP is what everyone wants to see? Just when you think you're starting to like this dude...damn. If he loses, there's excuses...if he wins, he whines anyway.

Hendricks is a shadow of himself after USADA, not even on the radar anymore. Should have killed Lombard but barely made a UD out of it.

I don't think most casual fans even remember who Hendricks is at this point.

If GSP is coming back to cement his legacy and proclaim himself GOAT he'll challenge the champion of either 170 lbs. or 185 lbs.

If he's coming back to a money fight he should be relentlessly pushing for a fight against McGregor.

If he's coming back for the lulz he should fight CM Punk.

He was never a risk-taker but he's foolish if he doesn't realize that Bisping is the best chance he could ask for if his aim is to become a 2-divisional GOAT status legend.
Id pay 100 dollars to see GSP fight CM Punk. CM Punk deserves another ass whooping.

I think Johny needs to win a few more before that fight. GSP's return is an enormous fight waiting to happen, and to make it against Hendricks would be a waste of a ppv.

He is going to get the biggest fight he can. That is Conor, Bisping, or the winner of Woodley-Thompson. Diaz is also possible, but I certainly hope not. Maia was mentioned in the past, but I think there's bigger draws and it probably won't happen.

My guess is he will fight the winner of Woodley-Thompson.

In my book Hendricks is the #1 indirectly implicated roider on the roster: refuses WADA, looks like a worldbeater ...fast forward... USADA comes in and he goes 1-4, starts missing weight, getting finished and loses to top 10-15 guys.

Now he goes to MW and beats 39 yo off-the-Juice Lombard who lost to Okami and Boetsch and wants "to Punch GSP's face in" lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back