So when is conor getting stripped? (Not a hate thread).

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm a conor nut hugger. Now that I have Prefaced this. When is conor getting stripped of his lightweight belt? He has come out publicly and stated he is fighting mayweather next no matter what. He also stated in his PPV interview that he expects that fight to take place late 2017 or early 2018. By then he will not have defended his belt all that time because hes preparing to be a dad/ having boxing training camp. Unfortunately being a huge conor fan, I have to say within a few months unless he makes a deal with the ufc to co-promote, he's getting stripped for sure.

Stripping him of both belts = loss of $$$ for the ufc
He won't be defending it till late 2017 most likely

I think he should be stripped if his next fight is against anybody other than the winner of Khabib Ferguson. Money fights are great and all, but the division shouldn't be put on hold for them to take place.

Soon hopefully. It's clear he has no intention of defending the belt. Isn't he a boxer now? Hopefully his fanbase will go away with him.

Unfortunately they won't strip him so they can randy couture him. Enjoy your 18 months of interim belt.

If McGregor is healthy and able but unwilling to unify then he should be stripped when the Khabib vs Ferg winner defends the interim belt.

He will refuse to defend and stripped around June-July 2017. His fanbase will claim Khabib vs Ferguson winner has the paper belt while the duck keeps ducking.

If McGregor is healthy and able but unwilling to unify then he should be stripped when the Khabib vs Ferg winner defends the interim belt.

That would be a good rule actually, if you defend the interim it becomes the real thing.

he said he wanted a break b/c hes having a kid, dana shelved him for 10 months lol. So if he aint gonna defend it by sept-oct but fights someone else ie WW champ, gsp, nate diaz or goes to do a money fight in boxing then strip his ass immediately

I thin he will defend and Dana will give him the time he wants for his endeavors. Now, count on Dana to continue his disgusting affection for creating interim championships all over the place, he will see this as a shot to make another one.

He will refuse to defend and stripped around June-July 2017. His fanbase will claim Khabib vs Ferguson winner has the paper belt while the duck keeps ducking.

doubt it will be that early dana said he has no plans for conor for 10 months back in dec of 2016

doubt it will be that early dana said he has no plans for conor for 10 months back in dec of 2016

Dana says a lot of shit. I think Conor's baby is due in May or something after which he'll be playing games and get stripped in like 2 months.

once there is an interim champ, if Conor still flats out refuses to do his duty as champion, he will validly be stripped of his title.

it has happened once, it will happen again if conor didn't learn from it

Back