*Khabib as an Olympic Wrestler*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Considering the following facts:

1. Sambo is not an Olympic sport.

2. Khabib is/has been an Olympic medallist calyber Sambo practitioner.

3. Khabib "wrestling" -TDs + ground control- seems much more dominant than the one from real Olympic calyber wrestlers in MMA.

I mean, why does Khabib's wrestling seems far more dominant than other top notch wrestlers (freestyle, Greco and folkstyle).

He has the level to be in an Olympic podium?

Last edited:
No. Elite Sambo in Russia is for people not good enough to make it in elite wrestling.

Khabib's sambo/wrestling is a thing of beauty

ayF84er.gif

tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo2_400.gif

Sambo translates directly to MMA. Wrestling needs tweaks.

There arent many guys with olympic caliber wrestling in the UFC

He couldnt beat an olympic wrestler. I dont think he could beat the top college guys at his weight. Fairly confident Jason Nolf woud wax him in a wrestling match

But he is top 3 wrestler in MMA. Maybe just Romero and Cejudo have better wrestling. Maybe Cormier, but his wrestling has fallen off quite a bit since his olympic years

He couldnt beat an olympic wrestler. I dont think he could beat the top college guys at his weight. Fairly confident Jason Nolf woud wax him in a wrestling match

But he is top 3 wrestler in MMA. Maybe just Romero and Cejudo have better wrestling. Maybe Cormier, but his wrestling has fallen off quite a bit since his olympic years
You forgot this man<JonesLaugh>

This. Especially not Russian/Soviet bloc ones.

& who says the ones who do have problems controlling opponents?
Cormier? Askren? etc
They're known for their dominanting control

He was not considered to be good enough to continue with freestyle wrestling in Dagestan, that's why he switched to sambo.....how he would fair against the top freestyle wrestlers in the world in straight up wrestling? He would get destroyed by them.

No. Elite Sambo in Russia is for people not good enough to make it in elite wrestling.

You sound like you know what you're talking about. I'll bet you know nothing about elite sambo and wrestling in Rusia.

This. Especially not Russian/Soviet bloc ones.

& who says the ones who do have problems controlling opponents?
Cormier? Askren? etc
They're known for their dominanting control

Askren would outwrestle Khabib? Yeah sure.

He is a great wrestler, but I'm sure if he was good enough, he would have been an Olympic wrestler.

Being an Olympian is a very prestigious thing, especially in Russia. There, you are THE MAN if you are an Olympian and you get a medal. A lot of possibilities come your way.

The Russian Olympic training center of Russia is located in Makhachkala, Dagestan. It's also not like it would have been hard for him to make the team if he was good enough.

EDIT:
Wrestling in Russia is just HIGHLY competitive, because there is so much talent walking around.

Big fan of the Eagle by the way, LW belt is his. Will smash Tony and then get Conor to experience Eagle airlines.

Considering the following facts:

1. Sambo is not an Olympic sport.

2. Khabib is/has been an Olympic medallist calyber Sambo practitioner.

3. Khabib "wrestling" -TDs + ground control- seems much more dominant than the one from real Olympic calyber wrestlers in MMA.

I mean, why does Khabib's wrestling seems far more dominant than other top notch wrestlers (freestyle, Greco and folkstyle).

He has the level to be in an Olympic podium?

His ground control is nothing special. There's a reason why he has 36 takedowns in his 8 UFC fights. His top game is pedestrian.

He was not considered to be good enough to continue with freestyle wrestling in Dagestan, that's why he switched to sambo.....how he would fair against the top freestyle wrestlers in the world in straight up wrestling? He would get destroyed by them.

Source?

Back