McGregor vs GSP, Who Wins and How?

vtorrespr

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If he's in good shape I think at the end of the day at 155 or 170 GSP would be too big & too strong for Connor; What do you guys think?

At 155 GSP is toast but one of his coaches said he could make the weight, so now it's out there. At 170 we get same old boring George laying on a guy for 5 rounds. I avoided GSP PPV's back in the day and it was always the right play, cards are different now, always good

I think if Conor touches GSP one time it's over, and he will. GSP's headmovement was terrible in his last 3 fights. Hendricks, Condit and Diaz all tagged him with ease whenever they was standing up.

Yeah GSP could wrestle fuck him but GSP's takedowns never really came of strength or wrestling experience. It came of his ability to manage distance. Well, guess who else is great at managing that distance?

Gsp would get his first finish in almost a decade.

I think if Conor touches GSP one time it's over, and he will. GSP's headmovement was terrible in his last 3 fights. Hendricks, Condit and Diaz all tagged him with ease whenever they was standing up.

Yeah GSP could wrestle fuck him but GSP's takedowns never really came of strength or wrestling experience. It came of his ability to manage distance. Well, guess who else is great at managing that distance?

That's a good point, but do you think Connor punching power is enough to KO GSP? IDK, at 170, GSP got tagged by bigger guys than Connor.

at 170 GSP easily outwrestles and outgrapples him

at 155 not sure due to GSP never fighting at the weight, Conor has a better chance of catching a drained GSP

GSP fans say GSP .... McBoyGeorge fans say him . Personally Im not a fan of either but experience as a major factor I would say GSP . WW would be the best level to find out .

Huh? GSP took down BJ Penn all day, everyday. You don't think he could get McGregor to the ground pretty reasonably? And lest you say BJ doesn't have McGregor's big left hand, yes. But GSP also took down Koscheck multiple times. He took down Frank Trigg and Matt Hughes. What are you talking about, takedowns aren't a strength???

GSP 50-45
I'm a fan of Conor but yeah it'd be 50-45 or 50-44 unless GSP does decide to go for a sub, which he'd probably get. No disrespect to Conor but GSP's grappling is on another level.

That's a good point, but do you think Connor punching power is enough to KO GSP? IDK, at 170, GSP got tagged by bigger guys than Connor.
Yeah that's a fair point.

GSP is used to fighting legit WW's where as Conor is used to KO lighter weight guys.

Hmmmm

Anyone who think GSP wins does not watch mma properly, I don't meen to be a dick but the game has evolved a lot in the three year he has been gone, GSP got a beating from Hendrix who is only average by today's standards, GSPs stand up is caveman compared to Mcgregors. I am A GSP fan and want him to stay retired and not ruin his legacy, which IMO is as good as it gets.

I win, via overload of

PNGPIX-COM-Popcorn-PNG-Transparent-Image-1-1.png

Prime GSP would make Conor look like an amateur on the ground. Gsp coming off multiple knee surgeries and three years away? Who knows. (Typical Conor fight though, something he can claim to make him the best without actually fighting guys, who at this time, are actually elite)

Sorry I don't want to sound like a nuthugger hear but the game has evolved since GSPs glory days, he took a beating from Hendrix who is only average by today's standards. Mcgregors is standup and distance controle is light years ahead of GSPs. McGregor by early KO. I wish GSP would stay retired! He has the best legacy in mma IMO.

Conor. GSP has been out forever and who knows WTF hes gonna look like. The best version of GSP is a point fighting LnP bore so....lets hope hes that good still?

GSPussy would be doing the chicken dance in 2mins.

Back