GSP vs. Conor is most likely scenario...

Apocalypse604

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets face it, Conor is NOT fighting Floyd....that is just not happening. Its a way for both those guys to stay in the spotlight while they are not fighting.

On the other end of the spectrum
...i really dont see George fighting Michael....i doubt he would fight at MW. He can however very likely make 155....and Conor has fought at 170. They are both slated to make their respective return in either q3 or q4 of 2017, so the timing couldnt be anymore perfect. It would be the biggest money fight in UFC history with the only thing bigger being a potential rematch. Financially and stylistically, it is the match that makes the most sense for George, and for Conor....its all about his $$$ and his legacy....he would take it for sure.

GSP vs McGEE =

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

if Conor drops the belt, i have no problem with it (knowing it will be a main event and therefore a 5 rounder).

Let me go ahead and get the obligatory "I'm a Conor fan" remark out of the way. That being said, GSP would absolutely maul Conor. I mean, I give him just about zero chance to beat GSP. I know there is all this dude bro hype going around for this. But this is just a terrible matchup.

Let me go ahead and get the obligatory "I'm a Conor fan" remark out of the way. That being said, GSP would absolutely maul Conor. I mean, I give him just about zero chance to beat GSP. I know there is all this dude bro hype going around for this. But this is just a terrible matchup.
I would favor GSP but he does get hit a lot.... I wouldn't say it's a wash either way... I wanna see GSP VS khabib

Lets face it, Conor is NOT fighting Floyd....that is just not happening. Its a way for both those guys to stay in the spotlight while they are not fighting.

On the other end of the spectrum
...i really dont see George fighting Michael....i doubt he would fight at MW. He can however very likely make 155....and Conor has fought at 170. They are both slated to make their respective return in either q3 or q4 of 2017, so the timing couldnt be anymore perfect. It would be the biggest money fight in UFC history with the only thing bigger being a potential rematch. Financially and stylistically, it is the match that makes the most sense for George, and for Conor....its all about his $$$ and his legacy....he would take it for sure.

How the hell would a 35 year old who fought his whole, championship career at one weight, move down to a lower weight? It makes no sense physically and it would make no sense to him. I do think this is the more likely outcome, than say PBF or Khabib or Tony.

Fighting GSP would check almost every box for McGregor:

-fight a guy who you can reasonably beat (a guy off a long layoff, as opposed to a monster like Khabib or Tony)

-fight a guy who moves the needle

-fight a guy where there is a built-in out (moved up in weight... a loss is justifiable)

GSP having the belt would be icing on that cake. If GSP could slide in and beat the 170 champ in early summer--could set up a monster of a return fight for Conor in Fall.

Would love to see Conor shit on GSP so why not?

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Also don't we need a GSP gif emoji? @bigwaverider?

if they fight at welterweight I can see it happening but its not. he's fighting the winner of the interm bout at 209 , he has to. the only other fight i would want to see besides his first title defense is him recapturing his featherweight title. how funny would that be .TIRT-TEEN SECONDS

Better than GSP robbing Maia or Romero's titleshot.

GSP rapes Conor Manlet McTapper on parter for 5 rounds

I see it going alot like Conor vs Eddie. Eddie and GSP are actually very similar fighters in a lot of ways. Eddie is obviously more reckless but they are both essentially well rounded fighters, good athleticism and a base of wrestle boxing. I think GSP was more athletic but with him being 35 now, and 36 by fight time, that stuff changes. Conor is just engineered to smash the 1.0 and 2.0 MMA prototypes, these wrestle boxers and muay thai fighters, by using his distance management, movement, timing and shot selection. Possibly Khabib can beat him but I think Diaz, with his long attributes, toughness, boxing background and cardio, gives us the best chance and shows you what you need to have to pull it off. You gotta be able to take and roll with big shots to beat Conor, and after the Diaz loss, he is fighting so much more efficient defensively sound and is just a monster for anyone 170 or under.

GSP vs Woodley/Thompson or Masvidal or Maia (in fact, GSP vs Cerrone/Michael Johnson will be better)
Bisping vs Romero
McGregor vs Ferguson/Khabib

These are 3 big fights. The hype for Bisping vs Romero is already there. Why waste it? And if GSP beats Bisping, then the division is in turmoil, because GSP is not going to fight all the bigger beasts waiting in line.

The UFC needs to stop messing about with these divisions.

I have about as much desire to see that as I do Mcgregor vs Mayweather.

I'd rather GSP vs Conor than Mayweather vs Conor tbh

and GSP hasn't fought in forever and has a beat the fuck up body. So what you are really saying is "if GSP comes back in prime condition, he's gonna smash Conor"...yeah, no shit. That's far from a given.

I see it going alot like Conor vs Eddie. Eddie and GSP are actually very similar fighters in a lot of ways. Eddie is obviously more reckless but they are both essentially well rounded fighters, good athleticism and a base of wrestle boxing. I think GSP was more athletic but with him being 35 now, and 36 by fight time, that stuff changes. Conor is just engineered to smash the 1.0 and 2.0 MMA prototypes, these wrestle boxers and muay thai fighters, by using his distance management, movement, timing and shot selection. Possibly Khabib can beat him but I think Diaz, with his long attributes, toughness, boxing background and cardio, gives us the best chance and shows you what you need to have to pull it off. You gotta be able to take and roll with big shots to beat Conor, and after the Diaz loss, he is fighting so much more efficient defensively sound and is just a monster for anyone 170 or under.

Did you really just compare Eddie to GSP......

Obligatory remark by me: I'm no Conor nuthugger, but fuck if I'm gonna count him out against GSP. It would take very few shots from Conor before GSP would be in trouble. On the other hand, GSP got them takedowns. But, he's older and has been out of the game, so it really could go either way.

Don't count Conor out. You know better than that by now.

Back