Michael Chiesa wants to fight Eddie Alvarez.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Eddie lost the title to Conor (McGregor), but it’s a fight that makes sense, Eddie’s a tough guy, former champion in other promotions, but he’s had his time. I think it’s mine.”

“He says he wants to sit around and see what happens (at UFC 209) on March 4, but why don’t you fight somebody? Don’t just sit around and wait for it,” Chiesa said. “If he’s man enough to step up to the challenge, there’s a big bearded guy in the Northwest waiting to get into a 15-minute fist fight with him. Let’s see if he takes the bait.”

Although No. 4-ranked Alvarez would be his ideal foe given the present landscape of the weight class, things can always change. Chiesa was already scheduled to fight Ferguson once before, and if “El Cucuy” can capture the interim lightweight belt at UFC 209, Chiesa said he would be happy to fight him for it while the division waits for McGregor to return.

The same goes for Nurmagomedov, whom Chiesa said he was recently on the verge of fighting, as well.

“I actually almost got the Khabib fight when Tony wasn’t coming to terms with his contract,” Chiesa said. “There was a window where it was looking like that’s what was going to happen. I think I can give Khabib a lot of problems. … Same thing with Tony.

“Tony’s the fight where you’re going to walk out of there lumped up. That’s fine. That’s the fight game. But I definitely, definitely know deep within my guts I could beat him. I asked for the fight knowing I could beat him and I have the tools to beat him. I think I could beat anyone in the division, honestly. Whoever wins it, I’m game.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/ufc-li...-april-return-against-ex-champ-eddie-alvarez/

Who you got?

Michael.
Eddie will still be under impression of KO he got from Colin so Chiesa will use that against him.

Michael Chiesa also said he wanted nothing more than to fight as the main event in Sioux Falls.

Instead he pulled out and Groovy Lando stepped in. Never trusting him again.

I think Alvarez takes it. Would be a hell of a fight !!!

I'd rather watch Chiesa vs Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson has lost 3 out of his last 4. Chiesa hasn't been beaten in over 3 years. It's time they give him a step up in competition. At this point, Alvarez actually makes the most sense. Otherwise, maybe match Chiesa with Barboza, if he beats Dariush.

Michael Johnson has lost 3 out of his last 4. Chiesa hasn't been beaten in over 3 years. It's time they give him a step up in competition. At this point, Alvarez actually makes the most sense. Otherwise, maybe match Chiesa with Barboza, if he beats Dariush.
Barboza vs Alvarez makes more sense if he beats Dariush.

Alvarez and Chiesa would be boring. MJ would pull out the dog in Chiesa imo.

Anyone who can strike will beat Chiesa. Dariush was piecing him up before he gassed.

chiesa is an awesome fighter, he has improved so much from his huggy bear style he had in tuf.

dude is vicious as fuck on the ground and can get subs from anywhere. standing, he is improving steadily.

would love to see him avenge that cut loss to lauzon. he acted like a cry baby a bit after that fight definitely, but he had reason. dude was teeing off on lauzon during that round aswell before the ref stepped in. would be a great rematch.

Anyone who can strike will beat Chiesa. Dariush was piecing him up before he gassed.

Don't forget the Lauzon fight either - which had to be stopped because of a big cut on Chiesa's brow. Lauzon's striking has improved, but I don't think he has the raw power Alvarez has.

Though like in the Dariush fight, if Chiesa gets Alvarez' back or takes him down, it could be game over.

Michael Chiesa also said he wanted nothing more than to fight as the main event in Sioux Falls.

Instead he pulled out and Groovy Lando stepped in. Never trusting him again.

Best decision in his entire career, for us

GroovyBless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back