UFC Snubbing of Bader Shows How They will Deal with Bellator

ineverpost

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The UFC will start to let fighters walk immediately and publicly if they don't sign the first contracts put in front of them when they become FA. This will significantly lower the offer they can receive from any competing organization, and it is meant to serve as a warning to others considering the same. Bader will get a lot less money now because Bellator realizes they don't have to fight with the UFC for him. They chose to put it on social media so Bader couldn't try to bluff his way to a higher contract. Another reason I support a fighter's union.

Unions are surely great.

giphy.gif

Not everybody can make McGregor money, that's why he's great and terrible for the sport.

And the fighters all got fucked by Reebok

Can't say I really care what they make.

If they make too little, you hear them bitch non stop. If they make too much, they rub it in your face. Unfortunately, there is no middle ground

Fk em

A combo of wme downsizing everything and ufc saying "fuck you" to fighters for asking for more money

If the UFC keeps letting the talent walk over to Bellator. Sooner, or later... It really could bite them in the ass.

I'll go wherever I have to. So that I can watch a Rory, or Cirkunov. That's how it goes.

Bellator aren't a real threat, right now. But, I don't understand the UFC just giving them ammunition like that.

Not sure Bader was ever going to be champ or get a shot at the UFC gold....when he loses he loses in spectacularly embarrassing ways.

Funny. They let Bader go to Bellator while they are most likely going to resign Phil Davis since he's crushed almost everyone he's fought except King Mo.

Not sure Bader was ever going to be champ or get a shot at the UFC gold....when he loses he loses in spectacularly embarrassing ways.
The UFC roster is full of fighters that don't have a chance in hell at becoming a champion, sure they may be considered more exciting than Ryan Bader, but exciting and winning can be 2 completely different things.

Funny. They let Bader go to Bellator while they are most likely going to resign Phil Davis since he's crushed almost everyone he's fought except King Mo.

They're not signing Phil Davis, that would just send the message that fighters can get easy money from Bellator and then return with a bigger deal. They've shown their hand. Anyone going to Bellator is going to be unofficially banned, and anyone not a top draw in the UFC is going to be publicly blown off on social media if they refuse the bottom line.

What's the big deal?

Bellator was willing to pay more so Bader went there, that's good for the ufc/bellator/mma/ at least fighters have another option.

The UFC will start to let fighters walk immediately and publicly if they don't sign the first contracts put in front of them when they become FA. This will significantly lower the offer they can receive from any competing organization, and it is meant to serve as a warning to others considering the same. Bader will get a lot less money now because Bellator realizes they don't have to fight with the UFC for him. They chose to put it on social media so Bader couldn't try to bluff his way to a higher contract. Another reason I support a fighter's union.

Well noble one, even with a union, that doesn't mean the UFC has to pay him what he wants they can simply let him go if his salary demands out weigh his value to the UFC, they would not be required to sign him! A Union cant make the UFC sign a fighter if they chose not to pay him what a union thinks the UFC should have to pay!

So then Bellator is still looking at either no offer from the UFC or a lower offer!

Ufc downsizing has a lot to do with it.

It could also just be a negotiation tactic. Dana came out and said they are going to let bader walk. Funny thing is bader is still in UFC rankings. If they were 100% about that, why not removing him during the purge? UFC is bluffing. There is a reason bader still hasn't signed with Bellator. Coker said they sent their offer in, just waiting for UFC to match or not. Why is UFC stalling, If they were 100% certain that bader was gone?

They're not signing Phil Davis, that would just send the message that fighters can get easy money from Bellator and then return with a bigger deal. They've shown their hand. Anyone going to Bellator is going to be unofficially banned, and anyone not a top draw in the UFC is going to be publicly blown off on social media if they refuse the bottom line.

And you know they are going to be banned for life from the UFC how? So Davis or Bader some how become superstars in Bellator and the UFC has a new king at 205 who is there biggest draw and lets say now Bellator was able to make Davis into a super star (I know they haven't done it with any fighter yet, but lets pretend shall we) you don't think the UFC is going to try and sign Davis for a mega fight Vs there new star!

The UFC will start to let fighters walk immediately and publicly if they don't sign the first contracts put in front of them when they become FA

they didn't (and i hypothesize) won't just let "fighters" walk; they let Bader walk. big difference.

they're going to let go of fighters that demand more money than UFC thinks they can return. it started with Tito, continued with AA and Sylvia, moved on to Bendo, Davis, and the latest is Bader.

nothing new here. at least that's my hypothesis.

It may work for now but in the long run or even closer in time they do built up legit competition and maybe even more important high talented promising figures like wrestling prodigies or a good boxer. or even younger kids who are interested in mma...etc are backed of mma in general because of the extreme risk to fight to go broke at the end of the career. No appeal.

Just think about it. You train your ass of to get into the premier fighting league in the world and after expenses you earn a low income with great health risks and an employer who will throw you under a bus in a new york minute / talks shit in public and lies about you if it suits his needs.

Not really that great of a career choice is it. And the fun fact is that the money is there but nearly of it all goes to the owners. The sponsoring options made this money theft with their fighters tolerable but now? Please.

they didn't (and i hypothesize) won't just let "fighters" walk; they let Bader walk. big difference.

they're going to let go of fighters that demand more money than UFC thinks they can return. it started with Tito, continued with AA and Sylvia, moved on to Bendo, Davis, and the latest is Bader.

nothing new here. at least that's my hypothesis.

You are 100% right! Lets be honest not one of those fighters were bringing in extra cash for the UFC, each was easily replaced because none of them were superstars! And lets be honest. The UFC knows full well Bellator isn't really that profitable. They have zero PPVS and fight in front of 1000 fans 75% of the time, so if they continue to sign talent to more than what a fighters worth is, over time they turn into strikeforce, coker has done this before, buried a company

not true, Rizin is always an option and they will throw big money at bigger guys they need them bad.

And you know they are going to be banned for life from the UFC how? So Davis or Bader some how become superstars in Bellator and the UFC has a new king at 205 who is there biggest draw and lets say now Bellator was able to make Davis into a super star (I know they haven't done it with any fighter yet, but lets pretend shall we) you don't think the UFC is going to try and sign Davis for a mega fight Vs there new star!

They would try.

But it wouldnt matter if that fighter was the champion and had a champions clause in their contract.

Back