UFC 209's official promo is biased against Tyron Woodley

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

[timestamped]

Seems like the UFC brass is rallying behind their great white hope, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson.

Tyron "Black Fedor" Woodley has every right to complain about this promo.

• The first fight mostly is narrated mostly from the point of view of Stephen Thompson.

• When footage of Wonderboy is shown getting his ass kicked, his resilience is being praised. "Unbelievable resilience by Wonderboy Thompson. Just unbelievable. Amazing !"

• When footage of Tyron is shown getting GNP'ed, the accompanying voiceover is about Thompson raining shots on Woodley.

• They show Woodley praising Wonderboy (Great sportsmanship by Back Fedor) but they don't do it the other way around. Usually this is done when a scrub is fighting a great champion. They'd show you James Irvin praising Anderson Silva, but they don't show you Anderson praising Irvin because it doesn't make sense.

• Usually, Championship promos feature the champion as the main protagonist, with the challenger being the obstacle. This promo has it the other way around.

• Footage of Stephen smiling, being a good guy, and having families cheer for him, as opposed to Woodley with the mean face, wearing a hoodie, almost looking like a thug.

Tyron "Black Fedor" Woodley stood up against the racist establishment, and the racist establishment is getting back at him in the most vile of ways.

WAR TYRON !

Rogan's pro-Wonderboy commentary was also disgusting.

"Tyron is playing a high stakes game of chess with a Chess Master."

Then next round Woodley takes his head off.

I think we should riot and loot but that's just me

296a7e56819db4dd186addef102bf642.gif

Tyron will slowly win the UFC's Caucasian fans over.

8Lglal0.gif

Notice how Wonderboy has two fists raised, mocking the Black Power single fist. It's as if to say, "White people are twice as powerful." His hatred knows no bounds apparently

What difference does it make?

Whineley's just going to cry racism anyways.

You're the other side of the coin. You seek threads out like this to vent your childish 'outrage.' How about just leave these threads alone?

No 'outrage', it's just a joke how far folks REACH to play the race card.

And how about you not try and police what threads folks choose to comment on, k? thx

You're the other side of the coin. You seek threads out like this to vent your childish 'outrage.' How about just leave these threads alone?

Actually, no he isn't.

'How about just leave...' He'll stop 'venting' if you take your social justice agenda and leap off a bridge. Deal?

Don't you ever call Tyron black fedor, fedor is the most humble fighter and stirs up the least shit... Tyron on the other hand lol

Call it whatever the fuck you want, but that promo was biased as fuck. No, I don't think it's because of racism, but when Tyron says he doesn't feel respected as the champ, and then i look at that promo, I can see where he's coming from.
It's mostly narrated by WB, and the story is about how tough WB was, how much he can take. It was a great moment in the fight, but it is a terrible promo if you're the champ

Back