Luke Rockhold wants Jacare rematch first. Thinks he is "slow and stiff"

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After a knee injury forced former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold out of a planned November fight against Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza, Souza went on the verbal warpath, claiming both the Rockhold was “afraid” and that he “chickened out” of the fight. He even went so far as to say Rockhold faked his ACL injury.

Rockhold, meanwhile, knows only one way to respond to Souza, who defeated Tim Boetsch last weekend at UFC 208. The American Kickboxing Academy fight challenged Souza to fight over the summer.

“I could care less what Jacare thinks of my situation,” if he thinks I’m running or not,” Rockhold said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “It’s pretty laughable to me. ... If the time frame works for him, I think July, International Fight Week, that time frame works pretty nicely.”

Rockhold, of course, hasn’t fought since his stunning first-round knockout loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 199 last June. But while he obviously wants to avenge the defeat, Rockhold says he understands Yoel Romero is next in line for a title shot, so a rescheduled date with Souza maeks the most sense.

“I want Jacare,” Rockhold said. “I’m not looking to come back and dance around, I want the best in the division, and I want to get my title.”

The duo have a history. Rockhold scored a unanimous decision over Souza in 2011 to claim the Strikeforce middleweight belt. And while Souza has peeled off 10 wins in his past 11 fights, Rockhold doesn’t sound overly impressed with what he’s seen from Souza since the last time they squared off.

“I think he’s slow, I think he’s stiff, and I think he forces the fight where I kind of flow with the fight,” Rockhold said. “I haven’t seen him grow since I fought him. Obviously I had a little fallback, but I’ll bounce back and I’ll reset myself and I’ll put that man away, finish it.”

Wake-Up-Luke-Rockhold-is-Here_509459_OpenGraphImage.png

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/1...souza-fight-when-he-returns-from-knee-surgery

yes Luke, keep saying things like that, you'll end believing that and getting ktfo.
Also, this
tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif

Biskig was like: "Go back to the ground bitch!"
0qdk6mr.gif

Rockhold seemed slow and stiff in his last fight
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I know he's unpopular on Sherdog, but I like Rockhold after what he did to Weidman. Yoel is pretty cool too.

Rockhold losing the belt I bet still feels like a nightmare to him.

Rockhold is a P4P top 10 fighter and he will come back with a venegeance.
He is the best MW in the world.

Well that's cute of you to say Luke....but while your stupid ass has been injured bc you train at AKA, Jacare has proven himself to be the #1 contender so you'll have to take another fight farther back in the line. Sorry bud.

July, lol.

Rockhold is yesterday's news, that chin is toast, hell Jacare dropped him back before he worked on his striking and before the Belfort and Bisping KO's.

Jacare would maul him.

Rockhold would tune Jacare up again.

Well that's cute of you to say Luke....but while your stupid ass has been injured bc you train at AKA, Jacare has proven himself to be the #1 contender so you'll have to take another fight farther back in the line. Sorry bud.
so jacare sits on the sidlines while bisping fights gsp and then yoel?

this is a fight that jacare/his fans dont want because they know how it would end. luke was on the receiving end of the biggest fluke in the history of the sport and people who understand mma also understands that hes still the best MW on the planet

Fake, why do you fools keep posting this picture?

And I think he should fight Anderson.
LAL.

He'd kick Anderson's head off. Anderson wants no part of the new age more complete fighters like Weidman, Rockhold, or Whittaker.

He needs some cheapies down the lower end of the rankings to keep up the illusion that he's a good fighter.

I like how the whole thread is pretty much just bisping gifs.

TBH though i think he would beat Jacare again.

I don't have anything against Rockhard, but he got KTFO. Jacare has earned his titleshot. How about the champ defend his title against the rightful No1 contender gheyjeezus, and the winner take on Jacare. Enough bullshit.

Back