Where does winner of Conor/Khabib/Ferguson fall in terms of all time UFC greats?

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Either
- Tony Ferguson: 4th longest win streak in UFC history (11 straight) (wins over RDA/Barboza/Khabib/Conor)
- Khabib Nurmagomegov: 26-0 (10-0 UFC) (wins over RDA/Ferguson/Conor)
- Conor Mcgregor: Dual division champion with a huge title defence (+ Mendes/Holloway)

To me whoever comes out on top will have solidified themselves as one of the all time UFC greats.

Put it this way, if Conor beats those two (Khabib and Tony) he is the greatest UFC fighter of all time. Without question.

Lol not even in the top ten without further achievements

If Khabib wins, then starches McG, he is GOAT at LW.

He'd be a 26-0 champ. Can't think of anyone else who has ever been undefeated that long.

Either
- Tony Ferguson: 4th longest win streak in UFC history (11 straight) (wins over RDA/Barboza/Khabib/Conor)
- Khabib Nurmagomegov: 26-0 (10-0 UFC) (wins over RDA/Ferguson/Conor)
- Conor Mcgregor: Dual division champion with a huge title defence (+ Mendes/Holloway)

To me whoever comes out on top will have solidified themselves as one of the all time UFC greats.

All time greats normally defend title. Whichever of them defends the title once they've got it. And clears out the division... That one could be a great

All time greats normally defend title. Whichever of them defends the title once they've got it. And clears out the division... That one could be a great

After this bracket there's no one who stands out for the next title defence. Maybe Edson Barboza if he wins his next fight but in Ferguson's case he'll have already beaten him. I guess there's Fransico Trinaldo.

Chuck, randy BJ, hell even Tim Sylvia and Ronda rousey's won a belt and defended it a few times
At that level there's arguments to be had either way I guess. Of those 5 I could only see Chuck being ahead.

Unless Conor takes down Khabib, and Aldo in a rematch. He won't be taken seriously from a legacy perspective at all. Everyone will just talk about how he never defend a belt, and/or got a gift titleshot against LW just to lose to or not defend against Khabib.

If Khabib beats Conor, and goes on to defend the title in a dominant fashion. He might be the next GSP, maybe not in PPV sales, but certainly in legacy.

Unless Conor takes down Khabib, and Aldo in a rematch. He won't be taken seriously from a legacy perspective at all. Everyone will just talk about how he never defend a belt, and/or got a gift titleshot against LW just to lose to or not defend against Khabib.

Sounds like the people who believe that won't ever be convinced anyway.

Chuck, randy BJ, hell even Tim Sylvia and Ronda rousey's won a belt and defended it a few times
I agree. They got some work to do still. They need to defend the belt 5 times and then they can start to enter that conversation.

Conor wins hes the goat. He loses he's still the goat.

I agree. They got some work to do still. They need to defend the belt 5 times and then they can start to enter that conversation.
In that case someone like Ferguson would tie Anderson's 16 fight winning streak. That's a massive criteria just to "start to enter the conversation". Same with the other 2. They would be way beyond the BJ Penn's and Ronda Rousey's at that point.

Back