Ferguson/Khabib is meh match up

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I find Ferguson seem to think he's a special fighter, but I don't know if it's true. There's nothing out of ordinary from both fighters, I find, and really at least Khabib's undefeated which is pretty cool, but he didn't really bulldoze over everyone in UFC like some people including UFC is saying..

I feel like BJ Penn and Gomi from more than 10 years ago would beat them both...top 2 lightweights from more than a decade ago....Gomi was known for his aggressive style/wrestling/top game back in the days...before he really lost it like...before coming to UFC...and BJ.....he looked like a live corpse fighting against Edgar in his third fight....

but BJ Penn/Gomi used to be the shits..

I find Ferguson seem to think he's a special fighter, but I don't know if it's true. There's nothing out of ordinary from both fighters, I find, and really at least Khabib's undefeated which is pretty cool, but he didn't really bulldoze over everyone in UFC like some people including UFC is saying..

I feel like BJ Penn and Gomi from more than 10 years ago would beat them both...top 2 lightweights from more than a decade ago....Gomi was known for his aggressive style/wrestling/top game back in the days...before he really lost it like...before coming to UFC...and BJ.....he looked like a live corpse fighting against Edgar in his third fight....

giphy.gif

El Cucuy is a myth, 24-0 is a farce, but Khabib's grappling is the truth.

I'm not completely sold on Ferguson either but there's no question Khabib's grappling is legit.

already making excuses after Khabib wins guys like you will call Tony an overrated can same for if Khabib loses overrated can crusher with a padded record

maybe ferguson, i don't think he's special

but khabib has that one thing that's pretty elite - grappling

khabib would f up gomi worse than marcus aurelio

So because you don't think they can beat prime BJ (which is debatable but of course pure speculation) this match up is bad?

You are hard to please.

This is the best match up LW can deliver right now with a champ unwilling to defend.

Gomi and Penn would get smashed by both Tony and Khabib, and im saying that as a huge Gomi fan. If you don't think either of those guys are special, something might be seriously wrong with your brain.

So because you don't think they can beat prime BJ (which is debatable but of course pure speculation) this match up is bad?

You are hard to please.

This is the best match up LW can deliver right now with a champ unwilling to defend.

Agreed. This is one of the few divisions that's actually matching up the 2 clear top contenders. Half the other divisions you get #3 vs #14 or the #11 guy getting a tittle shot or some crap.

If this fight doesn't interest you, it might be time to follow a different sport.

maybe ferguson, i don't think he's special

but khabib has that one thing that's pretty elite - grappling

khabib would f up gomi worse than marcus aurelio

Nope. One of the greatest upsets of the combat sports history

Gomi and Penn would get smashed by both Tony and Khabib, and im saying that as a huge Gomi fan. If you don't think either of those guys are special, something might be seriously wrong with your brain.

If you think that, you are probably a newb Gomi fan. Huge, but newb.

This fight had quite a fan base but too much extra shit like pay, Connor talk kinda fizzled out the hype for me

I don't see how anyone can not be interested in this fight. After Tony did what he did to RDA, he cemented himself as an elite LW. He's goofy, and maybe not the most technical guy in the world, but the proof is in the pudding.

This is one of the best fights the UFC can put together.

You're a meh human being intellectually.

Yeah...

Having an undefeated fighter on an 8 UFC fight winning streak. Fighting a guy on a 9 UFC fight winning streak. Fucking blows.

The shit that those assholes over at the UFC are foisting on us.

Those fuckin clowns should be ashamed.

giphy.gif

Yeah...

Having an undefeated fighter on an 8 UFC fight winning streak. Fighting a guy on a 9 UFC fight winning streak. Fucking blows.

The shit that those assholes over at the UFC are foisting on us.

Those fuckin clowns should be ashamed.

giphy.gif

Unimpressive fighter is unimpressive fighter. Tony is an unimpressive fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back