How is Hunt VS Reem 2 the first fight on the main card?

Maximus100

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How the fck is Hunt VS Reem 2 the first fight on the main card and not the fight before the title fights?

Please explain why Rashad vs no name and no name vs no name are more important than a clash between two dream/K-1/pride veterans?

Card order != "importance"

Maybe they want to start the card off with a bang? I see no problem with it.

Nothing like starting a fight off with a just bleed fight

UFC likes to start of most PPV cards with a slugfest type fight, that they think will be entertaining and set a good energy for the start of the night. They do this often. Rashad is a wrestler even though he has decent hands, and Kelly is a judo guy with some decent BJJ, its not gonna be a slugest brawl type of fight.

It fucking matters to me alright. I agree TS, this is bullshit.

Maybe they want to start the card off with a bang? I see no problem with it.

Nothing like starting a fight off with a just bleed fight
They do this all the time. It also gives the illusion the whole card is stacked

Cause everyone knows reem fades away early.

Not that it matters because it is a PPV but people wouldn't watch if the first fight was Evans v. Nobody and the main event. You would have two snooze fests sandwiching barn burners. Personally I'm considering just watching this fight, Khabib and Lando's fights and going to bed.

Hunt by absolutely sensational, devastating, career ending walk off KO

People focus way too much on big names here. Rashad Evans vs Daniel Kelley could be fun to watch if Evans doesn't wrestle the whole time. That do Kelley is a warrior and fan fav right now. Old dude with grit who is aggressive and likes to bang. Reem hasn't been in fun fight in a long time. He'll likely get KO'd right away depending on what brand of steroid he is using this month.

I think all PPVs should open with the 3rd best fight on the card.
I like this kind of structure better.

It's actually a pretty good card.

They probably want to start 209 off with a bang and this fight is pretty much guaranteed fireworks. Somebody is probably getting starched here.

it should definitely be the 3rd fight in not the opener.

expect more shitty match placement from WME-IMG, they probably don't even know who the fuck Hunt or Overeem are.

Such a tough fight to call. Hunt is old and his head may not be in it anymore. Reem has more tools on paper but fought like a moron against Stipen and went out cold the moment his chin was touched.

Leaning Hunt. He'll land at some point.

Back