UFC 210 Looks Like It'll Be Mediocre At Best

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
UFC 210 has 11 fights confirmed for the event going down on April 8th. If they plan on announcing any additional fights for the Main Card, they are running out of time and room on the card. Looks like we'll be getting a rather mediocre PPV following the dual title fight on UFC 209. Here's the card so far:

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson- LHW Title Fight
Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi
Will Brooks vs. Charles Oliveira
Thiago Alves vs. Patrick Cote
Kamaru Usman vs. Sean Strickland
Josh Emmett vs. Desmond Green
Patrick Cummins vs. Jan Blachowicz
Irene Aldana vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Charles Rosa vs. Shane Burgos
Magomed Bibulatov vs. Jenel Lausa
Gregor Gillespie vs. Andrew Holbrook

Out of all these fights confirmed, I can MAYBE see 3 of them being Main Card if you're being generous about Brooks/Oliveira. I really don't see 5 PPV caliber fights here though, so Buffalo may be getting a meh card. I don't have very high hopes that they'll announce another PPV quality fight or two.

Any ideas for what could make this card better?

It's not a bad card.

I'm very excited for Moose vs Weidman and I'm expecting Rumble to win the rematch. Cormier is only getting older and slower and he won't eat another Rumble shot.

The main and co-main event are enough for a PPV

Bisping vs Romero should have been on this card as well, but paper champions will be paper champions.

Two great match ups at the top is fine with me.

I'm sure one of the other match ups will deliver and in the end it will be a solid PPV.

This is more than likely going to become the norm. 3/4 stacked PPV's, with 2 in vegas and 1 in new york, and 8 more entirely mediocre ones put everywhere else.

It's not a bad card.

I'm very excited for Moose vs Weidman and I'm expecting Rumble to win the rematch. Cormier is only getting older and slower and he won't eat another Rumble shot.
I like to see at least 3 "High Level" MMA fights on a PPV. I guess high level depends on how each individual judges but I'd like one more fight between some top 10 fighters. There are a lot of guys unscheduled too that could have worked. Should have thrown Alvarez vs. Chiesa on there or something.

It's not bad but there are questionable matches: brooks vs oliviera? cummins vs blanchowitz? Brooks and Blancho should be expected to kill with relative ease in these outings.

alves vs cote is just old and short on relevant present day stock.

lot of other matches with guys that really aren't on the level, haven't been and never will be. they need new talent, not recompositions of the same old talent.

Last edited:
There's about 5 fights there, that I want to see. Not main card ppv worthy.

But, still 5 fights I want to see.

Seen way worst. This card isn't actually that bad. The question is, will it deliver? Spectacular finishes and high pace fights with the talent it's working with

ANYTHING beats 208.

That was a shit-tastical garbage-fest

The main and the co main event are both great at least.
The premlins is pretty shitty though.

It's not bad but there are questionable matches: brooks vs oliviera? cummins vs blanchowitz? Brooks and Blancho should be expected to kill with relative ease in these outings.
huh, Blachowicz always loses to wrestlers: Corey Anderson, Gus wrestf-d him, now he gets even better wrestler. Not sure how it is an easy win for Jan

I like to see at least 3 "High Level" MMA fights on a PPV. I guess high level depends on how each individual judges but I'd like one more fight between some top 10 fighters. There are a lot of guys unscheduled too that could have worked. Should have thrown Alvarez vs. Chiesa on there or something.
Barao vs a top contender in a new division would have pulled draws.

Barao vs a top contender in a new division would have pulled draws.
Maybe there's still time to add him. Wouldn't be a bad idea considering he was supposed to fight in Kansas City. That was in April too, wasn't it?

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson
Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi
Thiago Alves vs. Patrick Cote

These 3 fights look fun, the rest I couldn't really care for to be honest.

Back