Joe "Diesel" Riggs is now a bare knuckle boxer!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Joe "Diesel" Riggs started his combat career as a boxer when he was a kid. When he was born, his dad dreamed that Joe would become a fighter and so his childhood revolved around boxing training.

He developed AMAZING boxing skills but couldn't show it in the UFC. It has been said that Joe does in fact has had pro boxing fights but for some reason it never made it in to boxrec.com. I don't know why is that, perhaps it wasn't sanctioned properly but its been said that he has had 8 pro boxing fights and now he is doing the bareknuckle boxing!

Here is the fight:

Thanks for sharing, but without bashing: ROIDS!!!! WTF is he bloated up *lel*

Youre behind the times. There was already a thread on this. Bum.

The reffing (or perhaps just the rules) look horrible. Riggs drops the guy, who hits the canvas grabbing his face in pain. Ref waits like 15 seconds or more for him to regain composure then restarts the action. Eh??

Thanks for sharing, but without bashing: ROIDS!!!! WTF is he bloated up *lel*

Its possible, when Riggs was young, he was filled up but had a slender physique after the weight loss. He looked good. This was the best physique he had and its the best one for a fighter who yearns for cardio:

JoeRiggs.png

bellator-wi-cva-8.jpg

Ha! Riggs with the takedown.

I'm all about bareknuckle boxing!
giphy.gif

Damn I can't really remember hearing riggs speak but he sounds punchy as fuck in the post fight.

Decent boxing skills though

Joe "Diesel" Riggs started his combat career as a boxer when he was a kid. When he was born, his dad dreamed that Joe would become a fighter and so his childhood revolved around boxing training.

He developed AMAZING boxing skills but couldn't show it in the UFC. It has been said that Joe does in fact has had pro boxing fights but for some reason it never made it in to boxrec.com. I don't know why is that, perhaps it wasn't sanctioned properly but its been said that he has had 8 pro boxing fights and now he is doing the bareknuckle boxing!

Here is the fight:

what happened to Joe Riggs? I thought he was in the UFC?

Youre behind the times. There was already a thread on this. Bum.

The reffing (or perhaps just the rules) look horrible. Riggs drops the guy, who hits the canvas grabbing his face in pain. Ref waits like 15 seconds or more for him to regain composure then restarts the action. Eh??

Did you just call Joe Riggs a bum!!!????

Who are you dude!? Like seriously bro, what have you accomplished in life?

Here is the fight:

I don't know if he is just awkward with public speaking or if he has brain damage.

what happened to Joe Riggs? I thought he was in the UFC?

He was in the UFC but he and KJ were initially cut but the UFC realized they goofed and so they were on-call due to both fighters having a name to them. I know the Chris loss was bad for Riggs but he had a DQ win though he was winning and he got robbed against Cote.

I don't know if he is just awkward with public speaking or if he has brain damage.

Sadly he is a bit punch drunk. Joe was very well spoken and big in to shit talking and was a smooth talker when it came to female fans back in the early days...

LOL'd at his opponent flipping out about the superman punch, but really it was because he knew he was going to get outclassed.

Sad to hear Riggs sounding punch drunk though.

Even if he did develop amazing boxing skills, it may be a little late for his body and brain at this point.

Here is the fight:

I've always been a fan Riggs, dude was always willing to get in there. I remember him back in the days when he was fighting Hughes in the UFC, his speech wasn't so bad at all. But by the time he'd made it to Bellator, he'd taken a lot of wear and was sounding a lot different.
I wonder does he have trouble getting a license for MMA? I can't imagine the pay for this would be better than the local MMA circuits, but I'm guessing.
It's sad to see, the guy likely has very little, and never came across as particularly intelligent, so I wonder what he will fall back on.

Good luck to him

Fair enough I guess. Joe Riggs is a bad mofo and I have lots of respect for him.

I was stoked when he won the Bellator reality show tournament and then really excited for him earning another shot in the ufc. Too bad things didn't pan out very well there.

He'll always be immortalized for "Matt Whose?"

i feel sorry for these guys. They will suffer some serious brain damage later on and probably wont live past 50. I guess a man gotta do what he gotta to feed his family

Back