So it took a decade but we have two promising heavies to cheer for

NeverAgainPlaya

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thank god for ngannou and black beast. These are the most intriguing heavies we've seen in a long time. Lets hope to god they keep them away from each other for a year or two and let em keep picking up ws and dropping classic quotes.

C'mon man... we already had Oleynik
Only 39 yo

don't know how intriguing lewis is - he's kind of like a mitrione with more power. that guy with a ground game would be very interesting.

The heavyweight division is generally shit right now. The fact that Derrick Lewis is one of the top hw prospects is kind of sad

Lol @ Lewis being a prospect

Dudes just a gatekeeper feeding on subpar competition.

Francis is by far my favorite hw prospect since JDs burst on the scene by folding Werdum into a lawnchair.

I hope Francis can get the title. Also hw is so damn shallow, and its hilarious to see that Lewis is 9-2 in the division lmao.

But they are both black. How could we, racist MMA fans, possibly cheer for them?

People that don't want Francis vs Lewis are Lewis fans ;P

The heavyweight division is generally shit right now. The fact that Derrick Lewis is one of the top hw prospects is kind of sad
Its not just what he does in the cage its what he says too
And mitrione wishes he had those natural zingers

The Black Beast could very well knock out Ngannou, looks aren't everything and BB is actually bigger.

Neither should be world class given their current abilities. If they are the best of HW than HW is not doing well at all!

But they are both black. How could we, racist MMA fans, possibly cheer for them?
Wait a minute... these dudes are black? Well fuck me for being colorblind and fuck these black noncontenders!

People just want to see them both get a Crack at the title. There's so many aging vets that they can be matched up against

Stipe was much more promising and now he is the champ. Ngannou will fight for the belt next year I feel. Maybe not Black Beast though.

The Black Beast could very well knock out Ngannou, looks aren't everything and BB is actually bigger.

That is obviously true but I'm not saying this because of the way they look. Both have similar ability in KO power but Ngannou is noticeably quicker, technique isn't perfect for either guy but again, Ngannou seems to have better technique on his feet & the reach advantage but Lewis is very effective. At the end of the day, Ngannou would be the favorite over Lewis because he has more ways to win, has the reach advantage, cardio advantage, is practically undefeated and posses the ability to KO anyone while Lewis has been finished twice & I'd most definitely bet on Ngannou to win. It's a much harder fight for Lewis than it is for Ngannou imo but its a fight that I'd love to see.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them both face a better level of competition. Rothwell, Barnett, Werdum, Velazquez.. with how temperamental Overeem's chin has been lately and how old Hunt is, I don't think they would be as interesting opponents.

Where the Russians at?

Neither should be world class given their current abilities. If they are the best of HW than HW is not doing well at all!
The Hw division never had any world beaters. No champ has never had more than2 title defenses

People just want to see them both get a Crack at the title. There's so many aging vets that they can be matched up against
That is the route the UFC will probably go anyway.

Back