Who wins: Tyron "X" Woodley vs Stephen "Adult Sage" Thompson

Woodley/Wonderboy

• Total voters

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Who you got in this match up?
I'm thinking laying some actual money on this one and can't decide who to go with

With your collective infinite wisdom and well thought out insights give me an answer, Sherdoggers.

I am more of a Thompson fan, but I see Woodley winning this one with wrestling and control (plus a few power shots.)

It could go to decision or end in the 4th round.

Probably shouldn't be betting money if you can't decide for yourself.

Wonderboy via decision.

Tyron via Sage as training partner and best friend.

hi-res-91323d5a4d75cd64de2f8f0aca41e256_crop_north.jpg

"X" ? Seriously ? What do you mean by that ? What kind of racist shit is this ?

Tyron "Black Fedor" Woodley is discriminated against in this thread.

<mma4>
How do you imagine he gets it done? Decision? Sub?

GnP's Wonderlad through the canvas.

Can't make up the YUGE disparity in the grappling dep with a just few training camps... plus Woodley almost finished Wonderlad on 3 DIFFERENT occasions.

Also picked him in their first fight when Wonderlad was EXPECTED to go right through him like he had most recent opponents:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brasil-wands-quick-picks-for-ufc-205.3392807/

PS first fight was a ROBBERY

"X" ? Seriously ? What do you mean by that ? What kind of racist shit is this ?

Tyron "Black Fedor" Woodley is discriminated against in this thread.
The most racist thing a man can do, is imply that another man is racist

Bud

12 / 12. Dead even.

I have Woodley.

GnP's Wonderlad through the canvas.

Can't make up the YUGE disparity in the grappling dep with a just few training camps... plus Woodley almost finished Wonderlad on 3 DIFFERENT occasions.

Also picked him in their first fight when Wonderlad was EXPECTED to go right through him like he had most recent opponents:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brasil-wands-quick-picks-for-ufc-205.3392807/

PS first fight was a ROBBERY
I don't know if I agree with the word robbery, but I did score it for Woodley and after rewatching I'm not sure why anyone disagrees with that, but I had Woodley 1, 3, 4 with a 10-8 in 4. You could also argue a 10-8 for 1, and you could argue a Woodley round 2. So I definently think that Woodley UD was supposed to be the correct result. But I can see why people thought differently on first watch.

Tough one to call.
I'm gonna go with Wonderboy by decision. I think after already being in there with Woodley for 5 rounds he knows enough about him to make the adjustments he'll need to win.

I feel like wonderboy has more ways to make adjustments and learn or improve from the last fight than woodley has.

I had the same feeling when i predicted Conor could beat Nate in the rematch; Diaz is very good at what he does, but what he does is a few certain things, and he always fights the same way against pretty much everyone, for good or ill.

That's basically how i see woodley right now. Some say he could take thompson down, and that might very well be true, but i don't think he'll try to take him down. He's in love with his hands, and i think he's going to try and box with wonderboy first, look to land a big bomb like last time; and if he does try, he's going to get out struck.

If he starts getting out struck, then he might try and look for the take-down, but because he would have been spending more of his training camp on a boxing heavy strategy rather than a TD first strategy, the wrestling would not be as sharp, and would not be as successful as it might have been otherwise.

Nicholas Taleb defined anti-fragility basically as things that have more 'upside' than 'downside'; it's not a sure thing, but right now i see thompson as having the higher potential upside.

Last edited:
I don't know if I agree with the word robbery, but I did score it for Woodley and after rewatching I'm not sure why anyone disagrees with that, but I had Woodley 1, 3, 4 with a 10-8 in 4. You could also argue a 10-8 for 1, and you could argue a Woodley round 2. So I definently think that Woodley UD was supposed to be the correct result. But I can see why people thought differently on first watch.

Agree.

Woodleys rounds were definitive(i.e. BEATDOWNS), while the rounds scored for Wonderlad were all toss ups.

It's like he was awarded his rounds simply for not getting BRUTALIZED lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back