24-0 boxer Lucas Browne lost to Daniel Cormier

Boxing is an overly mythologized sport by MMA fans with an inferiority complex towards pure striking. We know.

See post below for case in point.

Last edited:
True A-level boxers like Vasyl Lomachenko, Crawford, GGG, Canelo would all become MMA champs within one year. In fact most of these would only need as little as 6 month since they already have a wrestling background. Boxing has a much deeper talent pool, is normal

Nice find. I was a huge of boxing but over the past 5yrs or so, I only watch MMA. Ive never heard of Lucas Browne but he had a very impressive boxing record and a very high KO%. Boxing is a close to dead as you can get.

cyborg, whom many consider to be the female mma goat and most feared female mma fighter, lost to jorina baars in a muay thai fight.

muay thai is superior
mma is a c-level sport

True A-level boxers like Vasyl Lomachenko, Crawford, GGG, Canelo would all become MMA champs within one year. In fact most of these would only need as little as 6 month since they already have a wrestling background. Boxing has a much deeper talent pool, is normal

Wrong.

It hasn't been done. So you're reaching and no matter what argument you use. Until it happens you sir are full of shit.

cyborg, whom many consider to be the female mma goat and most feared female mma fighter, lost to jorina baars in a muay thai fight.

muay thai is superior
mma is a c-level sport
Mythborg is NO Tate! :D

muay thai is superior
mma is a c-level sport
I ran into Conor and got to shake his hand. I quickly submitted him in a game of Thumb Wrestling before he knew what was going on.

Thumb Wrestling is superior to every other combat sport.

He then proceeded to beat the shit out of me while I cried like a bitch.

Daniel Cormier killed boxing, I would say.

Depth of MMA's talent pool is very difficult to guage though as most of the talent doesn't rise up purely within the sport but transitions from other sports/ That means MMA can be much more top heavy because it tends to target higher level people from other MA's more often than they would naturally occure, so you don't need say hundreds of less good wrestlers involved to have one Cormier.

Boxing being less top heavy would if you were true dominate MMA in terms of introduced talent, the top guys might not be offered the money to switch but if they were that superior then then boxers below tham would potentially still have great success and make considerably more than they do in their own sport.

Look at all the typical trash UFC fans being totally wrong about boxing

Boxing's HW division is quite weak outside of the top 5. Lucas Browne is a c-level fighter so expect c-level results, unless he's smacked off his tits on PEDs of course.

muay thai is superior
mma is a c-level sport
Correction: WMMA is k-level sport.

Cormier took him down and elbowed him...not sure why this is shocking.

Back