*What might happen after Khabib takes Ferguson down?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Ferguson has decent TD defense, but Khabib would take him down sooner or later.

Question is, what would happen then?

1. Khabib would be able to advance positions (ala Vs Horcher) and GnP him? Or ragdoll Ferguson (ala Vs Trujillo) in his way to a decision win?

2. Tony would show enough skills to avoid GnP and submissions, and apply his very active guard game: punches + elbows + rubber guard.
Differently to Trujillo, Horcher or Michael Johnson, Tony could get to his feet again?

Yeah I'm really curious about it.

Will Khabib be able to hold him down and GNP him ? Will Ferg be able to get back up or catch him into a sub ?

This is why this matchup is so interesting, there are tons of possible scenarios.

Another question is who's gonna be the one putting the pressure.

Then Edmond will come out of nowhere and shout

"head moomemnt, head mooment" And as Kebab lands some GnP he will shout "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

im not sure about the 1st round or 2 but its gonna be damn hard for khabib to out work tony if he cant get the finish

tony has one of those styles that almost donst make sense. he super active and isnt scared to commit to any punch, kick knee or elbow and he does so at a high volume. Yet hes still the one later on in the fight that has the cardio.

He has a great way of making his opponents fight his kind of fight. kind of diaz like they just go about it in different ways. nick diaz said "thats why these guys dont fight me. they know they'd be done in 2 rounds". I think ferguson is kind of the same right now, he makes you think your in a brawl frenzy, but then tony starts picking his shots and starts being less reactive. almost like he gets calmer the crazier and high paced the fight go's

If I was Tony I'd do anything to stay off of the ground. Anything.

This matchup is so hard to predict. I don't dare to take guess on who wins and I wouldn't bet a single penny on this one.

Thank you, mighty JBG, for UFC 209.

Last edited:
Tony will put up some good offense from the bottom in the 1st rd and get up once or twice in the 1st rd. He will be mildly successful in standup against Khabib but get taken down and put up against the fence. From the second round on wards, Khabib will open him up pretty bad on the ground with some vicious gnp and Tony would start to fade and finally get submitted. Khabib 25-0.

Who knows? I think Khabib will dominate personally.

Khabib took MJ down and he has excellent TDD and he trained with Rashad/Rumble specifically to avoid takedowns and getting back up for the Khabib fight and it was no help.

MJ just happened to have a granite chin with thick skin and doesn't bleed easily. Anybody else would've been a bloody and battered mess after eating the same bombs Khabib was dishing from the top.

Khabib lights people up on the floor. I think he should look to score damage on Tony there, while Tony scrambles to his feet. I expect pressure from Khabib and Tony scoring as Khabib looks to move in and get him in a tangle. I think Khabib will find takedowns in these lit-up scrambles that Tony wins on the feet and khabib wins on the mat. Durability will be a major factor in how these series of exchanges ultimately develop. If khabib can hurt Tony badly on the ground he's going to look to score a stoppage. If Tony can weather the barrage and bang up khabib enough to slow his roll, Tony will take a decision or possibly find a KO. I don't like Khabib's standing posture and movement on the outside against a skilled striker, but if he can get inside and impose his game he has a way of severely demoralizing his opposition. I think the most likely scenario is that khabib wins this fight on the ground.

If I was Tony I'd do anything to stay off of the ground. Anything.

Except he'll over commit to a power punch or throw one his many signature unorthodox strikes and lose his balance to find himself out of position and get taken down with ease.

he is gonna take him down then beat the shit outta him then break his arm

Khabib won't be able to hold him down for 25 minutes, Ferguson too fast, too strong. Ferguson is going to frustrate Khabib, just like he frustrates everyone he's beat.

ZybPe4Y.gif

For some reason I don't think it's going to even be close.
dfghdhh-o.gif

MJ would have been a puddle of blood if he was most fighters.

I think it's a brutal ground and pound finish and it's back to looking for a chicken.

Khabib-chat.gif

Ferguson has decent TD defense, but Khabib would take him down sooner or later.

Question is, what would happen then?

1. Khabib would be able to advance positions (ala Vs Horcher) and GnP him? Or ragdoll Ferguson (ala Vs Trujillo) in his way to a decision win?

2. Tony would show enough skills to avoid GnP and submissions, and apply his very active guard game: punches + elbows + rubber guard.
Differently to Trujillo, Horcher or Michael Johnson, Tony could get to his feet again?
Snapdown city.

haha nah, who knows Buzzin for 209

What might happen after Tony knocks Khabib out?
Tony is an awkward kinda off balance guy on the feet, who's big and throws a volume of diverse strikes. It's good, but it's not great. Khabib is laser focused and a real deal steam roller in his game. The volume in which khabib can put it on Tony in a round is greater than the frequency in which Tony lands a game changing strike.

It's going to be hard to submit Khalabib, Tony should stay on his feet and work from the outside

i think this is up there with the greatest matches ever made. Fedor x CC level for me.

Elbows and knees are where Tony could sway this fights momentum if khabib comes in hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back