Will Khabib be able to take Tony down?

Capitano4

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I know that Khabib has mauled everybody he has faced, but I don't know if that will be the case against Tony. Tony seems very big and strong for the weight class and has great wrestling himself.

How do you see it going, will Khabib get the takedowns against Tony?

He hasn't mauled everyone he has faced and Tony will most likely still be the busier fighter, even from the bottom, should he get taken down.

If Tony is able to keep the fight standing for any length of time, Khabib is gonna get lit up.

He will, and Tony will submit him, Tony is by far the most active fighter he has faced, but I don't think Tony has fought a guy stronger than Habibi.

giphy.gif

Doubt it. He will be exposed like Ronda without the fame.

He will shoot for 25-30 takedowns at least if it goes to 5 rounds. He will eventualy get some of them.

But that doesn't mean he will win the fight.

Khabib will not be able to bully him. As long as Tony doesn't come in looking like absolute shite, Khabib is gonna have a very tough time with Tony.

Yes because Tony's sub defense is often going for a d'arce, which he rarely gets. Khabib sees it coming and ends up in side control.

Dynamic unpredictability vs Pressurizing strength. My gut tells me tony loses but you never know.

Can't wait for this fight. It's going to be absolutely crazy.

Yea. I don't think that's the concern though. Khabib needs to watch how that he doesn't get caught in a compromising position in a scramble. Ferguson can sub him

I doubt it, If you have fight pass go watch good wrestlers he fought. They couldn't take him down. Castillo held him down though.

Some good wrestlers are
Thomson vs Ferg
Rio vs Ferg
Castillo vs Ferg
Riley Vs Ferg

Even RDA takes everyone down easy and couldnt take him down.

if Khabib takes him down Tony's competent there as well but I'd favor Khabib if it becomes a habit.

Khabib is a chainwrestler like Cain. He is constantly changing angles and the center of gravity when he grabs his opponent. If the double leg does not work he changes to a single , then a trip , then another single for as long as it takes to get ya ass down. The key for Ferguson is to keep Khabib at range.

If it lasts the full 5 rounds, sure... I'm curious how Tony will try stop Khabib in the beginning of the fight. I'm really looking forward to this fight. I think it's way more interesting than the Woodley-Wonderboy rematch.

Khabib takes down DC and Rockhold in training, T Fergs lanky ass ain't gonna be a problem but he better watch out for that d'arce.

Back