You're a fighter. What coaches would you choose and why?

T

The Great Macsby

You can select 3 coaches (1 head coach, 2 others) + 1 sparring partner + 1 MMA female (to balance out the testosterone). Explain your choices (they can be anyone from and martial art - you can even be retarded and select a bodybuilder like ken shamrock did).

My selections:

- coach 1 = striking. Bang Ludwig. I love Muay Thai and those that like breaking down every little detail. Bang changed TAM and has evolved TJ's striking game in a very short time. He now looks like a complete striker.

- coach 2 = wrestling. Cael Sanderson. I never did wrestling in school despite spending a few years of my schooling in the US. Looking back I wish I did because the work ethic they have is unrivalled. It's an extremely good base to have and I think wrestling is very important in MMA. With no wrestling I'd need one of the best. Cael is that and is still at an age when he could be a sparring partner too.

Head coach = coach Kavanagh. Another very analytical mind. Strong BJJ background and has done wonders for Conor. I like that he has taken more of a coaching role and less of a friendship role with Conor since his loss to Nate. Bringing in Lockhart, Dillon Danis, and the doc have all been Kav idea and all 3 have helped conor immensely. Honourable mention goes to fires but I needed BJJ and Ludwig brings the striking that fires brings.

Sparring - I'd be a 170 pounder in the UFC so I'd choose the GOAT GSP. Hard worker, always ahead of the game. Also helps my wrestling.

Female - Megan Olivi. I couldn't handle one of those cheap hoes or a dee devlin type that is always with you. Megan has her own job so there is space but also is paid to stay in shape, is hot as fuck, and seems really nice and chill. Also, Joseph benevidez is a manlet so if I took her I won't have to worry about a jealous ex.

With that team I'm pretty much the GOAT.

Your turn sherdog...

Coach Edmond for all areas, cause even if I don't win any fights i'll probably get more attention then most fighters

If I were paid well enough to fly coaches in, or fly out to coaches, mine would be Bang coaching stand-up, Heath Sims teaching me how to wrestle, and Maia would be the other, for obvious reasons.

striking James Doolan, BJJ John Kavanagh, wrestling is for :eek::eek::eek:s so meh

no need to go too far lol

Last edited:
Edmond and Ido Portal and I would be GOAT.

I just need to make one choice and that's Matt Hume and he can do the rest from picking coaches down to breaking down tape on my opponent..
He was a fighter and extraordinary as a coach.

If I were paid well enough to fly coaches in, or fly out to coaches, mine would be Bang coaching stand-up, Heath Sims teaching me how to wrestle, and Maia would be the other, for obvious reasons.
Good call with sims. My second choice.

Asken would be up there too.

I just need to make one choice and that's Matt Hume and he can do the rest from picking coaches down to breaking down tape on my opponent..
He was a fighter and extraordinary as a coach.
MM raves about him. he'd be a good and underrated choice for head coach.

Great to see some love for Coach Edmond.

I really liked Chael Sonnen as a coach on the ultimate fighter. In particular I think he did great work with Uriah Hall keeping him motivated and bringing out his ruthless streak. Hall really should have kept Chael on considering how he's performed since.

I'd take Johnny Hendricks' nutritionist, coach Edmond for boxing and Ido Portal for rubbing myself against other men, with Chael as my cornerman/head coach/jedi master

Edmond and Ido Portal and I would be GOAT.
Your head movement and body movement would be on point. You could just dodge attacks until your opponent tires and collapses due to exhaustion.

Great to see some love for Coach Edmond.

I really liked Chael Sonnen as a coach on the ultimate fighter. In particular I think he did great work with Uriah Hall keeping him motivated and bringing out his ruthless streak. Hall really should have kept Chael on considering how he's performed since.

I'd take Johnny Hendricks' nutritionist, coach Edmond for boxing and Ido Portal for rubbing myself against other men, with Chael as my cornerman/head coach/jedi master
I was impressed with chael too. Both he and Tito really made jones and shamrock look subpar in comparison.

Chael, Tito, and urijah were all big surprises for me. Cruz was excellent too.

It's almost worth having Serra for his voice at ringside. Unrivalled. "Nice, nice, nice, that's it, niiiiiiicccceee!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I was impressed with chael too. Both he and Tito really made jones and shamrock look subpar in comparison.

Chael, Tito, and urijah well all big surprises for me. Cruz was excellent too.

It's almost worth having Serra for his voice at ringside. Unrivalled. "Nice, nice, nice, that's it, niiiiiiicccceee!!!"

"STAY ON YOUR F***ING FEET! STAY ON YOUR F***ING FEET! *throws expensive sunglasses*"

Quality coaching from Mac! Oh well, can't be the GOAT at everything I guess

"STAY ON YOUR F***ING FEET! STAY ON YOUR F***ING FEET! *throws expensive sunglasses*"

Quality coaching from Mac! Oh well, can't be the GOAT at everything I guess
I thought he was 50/50

When he was sparring with them he looked fully into it and was making good points. But you could tell he was only in it for artem and he has too much going on to worry about coaching at the moment. Was just a cash grab by the UFC. Some fighters just aren't made to be good coaches. GSP was the same. Both I think are too interested in learning and studying the game to be good or have any interest in fully giving back to students.

Back