Historically, what is the most stacked weight class in the UFC?

tjry

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think it's lightweight. It is the toughest division then and now. The current top 10 is killers only:

Conor
Khabib
TFerg
Eddie
RDA
Nate
MJ
Edson barboza
Dustin Poirier
Gil melendez

P.s.
No one will beat BJ's record of 3 title defenses at LW

Prob womens bantamweight div.

There are a few C cups in there at least.

Edit. Just realised you said historically. Definitely women's bantamweight div:

maxresdefault.jpg

I've historically always loved the competitiveness of the LHW division. Still some incredibly talented fighters but it's sad how shallow it has become.

I think it's lightweight. It is the toughest division then and now. The current top 10 is killers only:

Conor
Khabib
TFerg
Eddie
RDA
Nate
MJ
Edson barboza
Dustin Poirier
Gil melendez

P.s.
No one will beat BJ's record of 3 title defenses at LW

It isn't just BJ's record. Bendo also has 3 title defenses. Not only that you could also consider Edgar with 3 title defenses if a draw is counted as a defense.

Miesha Tate is stacked and 155ers are the most competitive division right now.

Historically the LW-div was scrapped, the hw and lhw was divided between Pride and UFC, the MW was a lot weaker than it is now, but the WW was always the UFCs weight class, and Id say historically the most stacked div. From Hughes to GSP there were a lot of excellent fighters. But I agree that once the LW was installed it became a very stacked div as well.

LW for sure. With the welterweights on seconds place and I for me personaly FW on third.

For mine, LHW is historically the most stacked. In the mid 2000's you'd be forgiven if you mistakenly thought it was the only division in MMA. One thing we can all agree on, it's definitely not Flyweight or bantamweight.

Their top 10 is still better than the LHW top 10.
I mean maybe but Flyweight Literally had to make an entire TUF season just to find someone for Mighty mouse to fight. And now he once again has no one. Atleast DC can rematch jones when he comes back, and rematch rumble. There both pretty terrible though.

I mean maybe but Flyweight Literally had to make an entire TUF season just to find someone for Mighty mouse to fight. And now he once again has no one. Atleast DC can rematch jones when he comes back, and rematch rumble. There both pretty terrible though.

I think we'll see DJ defend his belt one more time to get the defense record and then go back to bantam weight for a few fights until there's a new challenger

Lhw back then
Jones
Machida
Couture
Rampage
Shogun
Rashad
Thiago silva
Forrest
Sokodju
Tito

When Jones got the belt, Rampage, Shogun, Rashad etc were beyond their prime. Seriously, it's sad how badly they were shells of their former selves.
Lol no.they are all in their prime imo.jones is just really good

Back