Ronda Rousey Lands Guest Starring Role On 'Blindspot'

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
0221-ronda-rousey-blind-spot-tmz-4.jpg

rhonda-and-jamie1.jpg

Ronda Rousey still hasn’t made an official decision on her future in fighting, but she’s still pursuing a career in Hollywood with her latest guest starring role on television.

Rousey will appear in an upcoming episode of “Blindspot” season 2 on NBC, which airs Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The episode with Rousey is currently scheduled to air in early May.

Here are details about Rousey’s appearance, which happens during episode 220 later this season.

“Rousey will be playing DEVON PENBERTHY: a female prison inmate who grew up in a working class family from the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and is serving time for transporting weapons across state lines. She is a tough, athletic woman who knows how to fight and handle a weapon.”

“Blindspot” follows Jaimie Alexander — best known for her role in Marvel’s “Thor” movies — as an amnesiac who wakes up with no knowledge about her past life but the tattoos on her body provide clues to the FBI about crimes they will need to solve.

The appearance on “Blindspot” will be Rousey’s first acting role since she scored a non-speaking part in “Drunk History” on Comedy Central in 2016.

Rousey has been attached to several other acting projects in recent months but she put her acting career on the back burner to focus on her most recent fight against Amanda Nunes this past December at UFC 207.

As a farm yard animal?

I think I found her "Blindspot"

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

If she wants a future in Hollywood she better get back in the octagon and rack up some wins.

Otherwise who's gonna believe her acting tough on the camera.

So a 1-time appearance on a single episode of a TV show I've never heard of?

A-list.

'Blindspot'? She's making it too easy for us. Might as well be on a show called 'The Side Of My Face That I Got Kicked On'.

After Travis performance Sunday, she shouldve went on Blind Date instead.

hqdefault.jpg

She "acted" like a fighter recently, and did quite poorly, so I'm surprised she landed another role so soon.

It's like she is not sure if she wants be shown as a tough, invulnerable badass or an emotionally unstable, suicidal victim.

I think most people are done with "tough" Ronda walking around mean mugging everyone and talking shit to fighters like Hallman. No one believes that shit anymore.

Fuck the acting, Ronda. Get your ass back in the gym and start working on what you were born to do.

I wonder which Ronda they will film? Weigh-in Ronda? Or jean shorts wearing Ronda?

Back