Conor McGregor vs George St Pierre... biggest fight in UFC history?

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Kenny Florian thinks so, speculates 2+ million PPV buys.

What you guys think? Also, I wonder if GSP would make weight for 155lbs

I would buy it just to see Conor get grapplefucked for 25 minutes !!!

Love him or hate him he does have the biggest fights already in the UFC so a pointless fight against Georges would probably crush.

I'd watch it but would still pass around the bucket for donations.

Why not the fight, but not the biggest fight in history

Yes, but terrible matchup for Conor, GSP is just too big, too much wrestling.

Silly question.

The left will land.

Conor bless.

It'd be a terrible move by GSP in my opinion. I think he needs a tune up fight first. GSP (or anyone) will have to be sharp and have incredible timing to match up with Conor. If he were to get knocked out by Conor, it'll not only make him look bad (especially in GOAT conversations), but potentially derail his whole comeback and ruin his confidence.

yawn.....when GSP and Silva cleared their divisions, that would have been epic.

This? Against an untested never-defending champ? Make it happen, force the winner to fight Jones.

It'd be a terrible move by GSP in my opinion. I think he needs a tune up fight first. GSP (or anyone) will have to be sharp and have incredible timing to match up with Conor. If he were to get knocked out by Conor, it'll not only make him look bad (especially in GOAT conversations), but potentially derail his whole comeback and ruin his confidence.

It would be his warm up fight ;-) JUst kidding, this much time off you're right, he needs a seriously easy warm up. He's been gone forever now.

It would be his warm up fight ;-) JUst kidding, this much time off you're right, he needs a seriously easy warm up. He's been gone forever now.

Plus GSP's stand up always looked a bit stiff tbh. Conor would pick him apart easily I think.

but it wouldnt stop 10 million or more being put in his checking account

It would be the first fight in which I actually root for McGregor.

yawn.....when GSP and Silva cleared their divisions, that would have been epic.

This? Against an untested never-defending champ? Make it happen, force the winner to fight Jones.

I agree. At one point this would have been the biggest fight to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back