GSP has never met an opponent he could not defeat. Objectively how is he not the greatest?

PrideisRizin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With Gsp having avenged both losses I'm confused how he can not be considered the GOAT. This is a sport correct? Is the ultimate goal not to win? The flip side to that is that some could argue the main objective in prize fighting is to make money! I understand how the goat conversation is a matter of preference in the case of sport the only other person who in my opinion should be in the discussion is Jones. Silva and Fedor would be the B side. Where they have fought. Who they have fought and the losses that where never avenged. OBJECTIVELY and intelligently please let me know why and how u think I'm wrong and if u agree. This is my first post gentleman welcome ! LONG time lurker first time poster.

Last edited:
The word you're looking for is "objectively"

<36>

Also GSP is GOAT

Some people think finishing your opponent matters. I'm one of them.

Because Jon Jones exists, its the only reason hes not number 1.

Because he didn't meet many he could finish either.

image-167.jpeg

GOAT WW

Just like Fedor is GOAT HW and Anderson is GOAT MW.

They all dominated their weight classes for a long time.

With Gsp having avenged both losses I'm confused how he can not be considered the GOAT. This is a sport correct? Is the ultimate goal not to win? The flip side to that is that some could argue the main objective in prize fighting is to make money! I understand how the goat conversation is a matter of preference in the case of sport the only other person who in my opinion should be in the discussion is Jones. Silva and Fedor would be the B side. Where they have fought. Who they have fought and the losses that where never avenged. UNSUBJECTIVLY and intelligently please let me know why and how u think I'm wrong and if u agree. This is my first post gentleman welcome ! LONG time lurker first time poster.

Captain America beat his ass silly

When you lose in your prime it's easier to avenge your losses. GSP lost in his prime. Fedor didn't. He lost during his decline. If he keeps fighting, GSP will soon get some losses as a result of his decline and he won't avenge those.

Fedor is GOAT.

Last edited:
Hard compare different weight classes achievements

I just go with Fedor, Jones, Anderson and GSP (just weight order) being all GOATs of theyr own division

Aldo will be there too if he ever manage to get that rematch and win

Also GSP lost fair during his prime

Fedor and Jones did'nt

Some people think finishing your opponent matters. I'm one of them.
And yet not a single other GOAT candidate can say they so completely dominated the fights they were in. Fedor had problems in damn near all of his fights but found a way to win, and Anderson almost lost to Chael before the last minute sub. GSP never really came that close to losing until the Condit headkick, and he still arguably won that round despite being knocked down. I wish GSP had been more aggressive, but the effectiveness of his style can't be denied and his superiority relative to his opponents is unmatched.

Because of Jon Jones and the fact Fedor could have retired before his loss to Werdum and could claim the same. And yeah GSP retired, so there is no way to determine wether or not he would have lost if he'd went the Fedor path.

You could even say Fedor should be the GOAT since he had at least the same period of dominance and had the heart to fight on after three losses in a row. Also the HW division is more of a toss than the WW division which makes his winning streak even more impressive.

So yeah... either Fedor or Jon Jones is the GOAT imo. GSP is a true contender though.

Jones has an unavenged loss due to cheating. Cheating is a constant and ongoing problem for him making his one unavenged loss legit. Gsp has no unavenged losses making him the goat.

Honest question. Do you think Jon's resume is as good as most people think it is? Who are his best wins? I'm not saying he isn't goat but just a question.

Boy eats well.

GSP in my opinion lost that fight. Also he plays really safe, not so exiting to watch. Having hard time comparing to greats like Jon Jones.

Last edited:
I think Fedor would beat GSP in a fight. So I think Fedor is the better fighter.

Beyond that a prime GSP got destroyed by Matt Serra whereas Fedor didn't lose until he was 34 after 10 sustained years of dominance at HW

Honest question. Do you think Jon's resume is as good as most people think it is? Who are his best wins? I'm not saying he isn't goat but just a question.

Everyone that he's fought since Shogun. It's pretty impressive, IMO. Every top LHW in the world at the time. Cleared out a division where people were playing hot potato with the title because it was so deep. Even more impressive, he did it within 4 years of starting.

Back