If Holly Holm gets the rematch with GDR

Fire Belly

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
would it be the first time in combat sports that a fighter has gotten a title shot coming off three straight losses?

I thought Chael might have been close, as I remember a lot of people complaining when he got a shot against JJ, but looking at Wiki I see even he was only coming off a single loss.

I don't see the appeal of HH, not sure why the UFC have pushed her so hard.

I don't see the appeal of HH, not sure why the UFC have pushed her so hard.
When she first beat Ronda, everyone jumped on her wagon saying she was a superior athlete and evolved WMMA fighter who none of the current girls would have much of a chance against. 80+ percent of the forum picked her to beat Tate with many saying she would do it effortlessly.

I never doubted CAKE! Greater Than Great.

If she doesn't get the rematch, who does GDR fight? There's like three women in the division

Nah but seriously tho it's ridiculous if she gets the shot. Cyborg should be next.

If she doesn't get the rematch, who does GDR fight? There's like three women in the division

Actually, that's a good point. Who could she fight? If only there was someone else out there...

in the rematch, holly should land a solid 1-2 on GDR before the fight starts, and after each round till the ref has to separate them.

She won last one.. that's why they are doing it again.

Tate got lucky. HH wins more often than not there.
HH deserves credit for taking that fight instead of waiting for Ronda and make millions.

She should def not get a rematch however unless Cyborg is unavailable.
Those shots after the bell if I am not mistaken came after round 2.
She clearly lost the first 2 rounds. She won 2 out of 3 rounds after taking those shots, it looks like they woke her up and made her look for takedowns instead of muay thaing a 39-0 muay thai fighter.

Yes, the ref could've taken a point but I think it's clear GDR was the better fighter that night.

Cyborg is free to fight afaik, having said that, GDR will probably duck her for a while.

The problem with Holly is that she fights too technical instead of just fighting & smashing, I actually think a change of gyms just for awhile may do her some she needz to adopt a meaner demeanor when in the cage...

there are only 3 chicks in that division, cyborg being the 3rd, and germain called out Holly

if she gets the rematch it'll make the 145 lb division permenently look like a joke or for atleast 3-4 years.

Back