Does anyone remember Dustin Kimura?

Isaiah095

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The kid clearly showed he had some amazing ground skills when he made his UFC debut against Chico Camus. Beautiful transitions and slick submission attempts throughout the fight until the RNC. He dropped two UDs to Roop and Cejudo and was cut. Anyone remember his debut or know what he's doing now?

Dating chicks and surfing in Rio.

Wh... oh yeah, I remember him. He had some fun grappling exchanges.

But seriously, where is Arona?

Seriously. I remember around 2010 Arona said that he had met with Dana at a few UFC events and had been training, and I also remember him saying how the UFC cage is tailor made for him, with things like elbows on the ground allowed and being able to press someone into the fence to administer GnP. It's too late now because of age but 5-7 years ago he would have been a super interesting prospect in the UFC.

Dustin Kimura invented the kimura you know.

Masahiko Kimura "...the reverse ude-garami arm lock is often called the "Kimura", due to his famous victory over Gracie jiu-jitsu developer Hélio Gracie."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masahiko_Kimura

Perhaps related?

Did you not read his post? Dustin clearly invented it!

God damn this forum!

yup that is fake news. That shit never happened. I never heard of this Masahiko guy... It was Dustin Porier's son Dustin Kimura that invented the move.

Losing to Roop is generally a bad look. Only guy who's been able to get past losing to him is Zombie.

He did look good, to be fair. I was expecting bigger things of him and his losses weren't exactly cut-worthy. I thought he'd get more time. But since being cut, he hasn't fought it seems? Maybe he reached his goal (UFC) and thought 'fuck it, I'm just gonna train, get laid and chill'.

But seriously, where is Arona?
Arona is chilling, surfing in Rio, still a master of the jitz and he's a dad now if im not wrong. Does seminars often. Still has a beastly shape and he's probably around 40 right now.

Isn't he that Japanese cat that the gracies learned jiu jitsu from before adapting it for brazillians.

His grappling really wasn't all that. Roop handled him fine.

Back