Would you respect Bisping...

Anon Von Ymous

Say something stupid and I will ridicule you
@Green
Reaction score
If he decisively beats Romero and Jacare (and possibly Rockhold again)?

Everyone says he's the weakest champion but to be fair let's give him credit:

1. Won TUF.
2. Fought at LHW and arguably should have beat Rashad who was LHW champ.
3. Never turned down a fight (some fucking around lately with the GSP option but at the end of the day fighters have lost all their sponsorship monsey due to the Reebok bullshit so you can't blame them especially when the UFC has let McGregor get away with opponent-picking so much).
4. Strikes with everyone even if they're a KO artist or a dangerous striker themselves.
5. Beat Silva (arguable a KO by Silva but that was his fault for walking away, not Bisping's fault) after campaigning for a fight with him for years.
6. KO'd Rockhold fair and square for the belt.
7. Defended against Henderson who may not have deserved the shot but was a genuine threat and if anything to me that's braver risking your belt against an old non-contender who could still very well KO you with 1 punch.

3ornkb8JBVY4WnccNy.gif

Yeah he can be a loud-mouth but he still gets in there and bangs so it doesn't really bother me. If not beating Romero, Jacare and Rockhold...what would he need to do for you to respect him as a champion?

I already respect him. dude is tough and entertaining

I don't know...it's hard to get respect after having your first title defense against someone not ranked in the top 10. He is the only guy I can remember ever doing that.

I respect Bisping.
Just think Rockhold would dismantle him in the 3rd fight as he underestimated him in the rematch.
Romero would beat him bad as well.

Of course. It's hard to not respect someone who beats Rockhold, Jacare and Romero.

i already respect him

he works hard and is one of the toughest motherfuckers on the planet

He doesn't have to win, if he fights a contender I'll respect him.

He will never be one of my heroes, but I respect him. He's a hard working guy. He's funny. He's ok. I don't have a problem with him keeping the belt. Not every time the belt will be held by some prodigy fighter.

Respect him already, even though been on salt list since his BS win over Hamill. Still doesn't mean he's not the weakest champion at the moment.

Well no shit he'd get respect if he beat all them guys assuming they're not out of their prime and coming off losses, who wouldn't? The reason people here don't respect him is he's calling out fighters that have no business fighting for the MW belt: GSP, Nick Diaz and PED Henderson. He refuses to fight legit contenders. What a joke.

This is Sherdog. A fighter could come in to the sport, win every belt go 460-0, get beat once and there would be some dumb fuck saying "See! I always said he weren't shit!"

Sherdog shits on good fighters routinely. Is normal.

Well no shit he'd get respect if he beat all them guys assuming they're not out of their prime and coming off losses, who wouldn't? The reason people here don't respect him is he's calling out fighters that have no business fighting for the MW belt: GSP, Nick Diaz and PED Henderson. He refuses to fight legit contenders. What a joke.
GSP is hard to argue he doesn't deserve a title shot, he's a legend of the sport. It would have been more valid when Silva was still champ still they both reigned at the same time but I get your point. Henderson was underserving but a huge threat so that seems like more of a risk to me and at the same time there was arguments about who was top contender etc. in the MW division so I don't really see it as an issue waiting for a contender fight to sort itself out, at least he fought someone in that time rather than waiting around doing nothing.

Regarding "refusing to fight legit contenders", at no point has he said he won't fight Romero and he's said in every interview that he knows the next likely fight is Romero but if the UFC offered him a GSP fight he'd more than happily take that fight too. Just goes back to my point of he hasn't turned down any fight, he's simply accepting them all and he's just voicing which match ups interest him.

If he went on to beat any 2 of those top 5 names behind, he'd get my respect but that's not happening.Hes already ducked jacare, mousasi and wants no part of romero..
His only truly impressive win during his current 5 fight win streak was the Luke KO- and Rockhold was a 9-1 favorite and I'm sorry---he had to be looking past a fighter he had just recently beat rather easily..

I just calls em as I see em.

Back