GSP should take a "tune up" fight or 2 before he fights top competition

like the title says.

Why? Are you one of the expert trainers that trains with the former undefeated champion? Have you noticed ring rust or hesitation in his training?

No? Then kindly stop spouting bull shite.

it's been 3 year years since he's competed but he should jump head first into the meat grinder? No boxing manager would let him anywhere near a top fighter with no warm-up fight.

Why? Are you one of the expert trainers that trains with the former undefeated champion? Have you noticed ring rust or hesitation in his training?

No? Then kindly stop spouting bull shite.
like I said it's based on common knowledge of ring rust. I'm not saying he couldn't beat anyone, but he needs a tune up fight if he wants to be at his best.

Edit: If GSP had to fight today with no training camp, he'd be great. But he would not be as good as GSP can be. The same as asking him to fight his first first fight back after years off; that's not his best.

Last edited:
I would love a fight against Gunnar at welterweight, a guy who doesn't present too much of a striking challenge, and the grappling exchanges would be interesting. It could also set up a fight with Conor if GSP mauls his buddy. GSP's fighting style won't age well, I don't see him beating T-wood or WB. Fighting anyone but bisping at 185lbs would be very unwise of his camp.

Last edited:
Let him bang, bro.

great idea. that way we can remember how dull his fights are twice before he wins belt back

it's been 3 year years since he's competed but he should jump head first into the meat grinder? No boxing manager would let him anywhere near a top fighter with no warm-up fight.
This is not boxing
And this tuneup fight may end his career. UFC also wont be willing to pay GSP millions to fight a contender

He certainly shouldn't get a title shot in a division that he has never fought in.
There are contenders lined up there.

Yea, I know this is the weakest possible MW champ, and he could possibly win.
You know he would NEVER want the MW title shot if Romero were the champ. Just like he didn't want to fight a younger Anderson. We never heard him asking for a shot against Rockhold either.

This is not boxing
And this tuneup fight may end his career. UFC also wont be willing to pay GSP millions to fight a contender
of course it could, and the UFC would be happy to pay GSP to fight anyone.

Nope, if GSP thinks he can do it, I am all for it.

Maybe he should but you don't get tune up fights when you're getting paid $1,000,000 + per fight.

GSP got paid shit load of money for his comeback.

You are an idiot if you think UFC would waste all that money and ppv headlines just so he can fight with some bums.

Nope, if GSP thinks he can do it, I am all for it.
it's his decision obviously, but he shouldn't fight a top fighter with no warm up fights. That's just common knowledge. He is so good he will likely win anyway but he'll be handicapping himself.

GSP got paid shit load of money for his comeback.

You are an idiot if you think UFC would waste all that money and ppv headlines just so he can fight with some bums.
I didn't say a bum did I? Like a top ten fighter who is a good matchup that's who he should fight after such a long time off.

Hell no. He needs a money fight. If he would take a tune up fight and lose that would be it for him.

No he has the right to challenge for the title since he still had it when he retired. If he would lose to a top 10 fighter they would NEVER give him another chance to fight for the title. He has maybe a couple of fights left.

Back